Arlington County's Department of Technology Services is seeking a Mobile Solutions Specialist to join the Technology Infrastructure and Managed Services Division's Technology Services Center. This position will support and coordinate the acquisition, configuration and deployment of mobile devices throughout the County and serve as the County's primary liaison with mobile service carriers on service matters. Also, this position will provide technical support and assist the Technology Service Center (TSC) staff with providing Tier I helpdesk support.
Specific duties include:
* Ordering and receiving County mobile devices to include IPhone, IPad, Android and MiFi;
* Activating mobile devices and configuring them with Microsoft (MS) Intune, MS Authenticator and MS Outlook;
* Training end users on their mobile devices and assisting TSC staff with tickets related to mobile device issues;
* Coordinating payment of mobile service carrier bills with technical coordinators and budget specialist throughout the County and researching and solving billing issues; and
* Ensuring carriers have correct information for each device through the carrier's portal.
Minimum: Associate's Degree in computer science or other directly-related field and at least one year experience providing user support in an MS Office/Windows environment.
Substitution: Coursework at a recognized, accredited computer learning school may be substituted for part of the degree requirement. Additional qualifying experience may substitute for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Desirable: Preference may be given to applicants with experience in one or more of the following:
* Providing Tier 1 and Tier 2 support in a help desk environment;
* ITIL ticketing system; and/or
* Mobile Device Management Experience
The successful candidate must obtain the following certifications:
* HDI Help Desk Analyst within 12 months of entry into class.
* HDI Customer Support Specialist within 12 months of entry into class.
* MS Office Specialist within 12 months of entry into class.
* (MSCA) Microsoft Certified Professional in Windows 10 or current operating system within 18 months of entry into class.
* A+ Certification (Core Hardware and Operating Systems) within 18 months of entry into class.
Applicant must possess, or obtain by time of appointment, a valid motor vehicle operator's license from the applicant's place of residence. The applicant must authorize Arlington County to obtain, or the applicant must provide, a copy of the applicant's official state/district driving record. Any offer of employment may be contingent upon a favorable review of the applicant's driving record.
Work Hours: Flexible working schedule; Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Applicant may be required to provide after hours and ad hoc support for County functions.
The official title for this position is Staff Infrastructure Support Specialist.
In order to fully credit relevant experience, applicants are required to complete the Supplemental Questionnaire. Please do not enter "see resume" as a response to the questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Arlington County Government employee benefits depend on whether a position is permanent, the number of hours worked, and the number of months the position is scheduled.
Specific information on benefits and conditions of employment can be found on the Arlington County Human Resources Department website: www.arlingtonva.us/pers.
Permanent, Full-Time Appointments
All jobs are permanent, full-time appointments unless otherwise stated in the announcement. The following benefits are available:
Paid Leave: Vacation leave is earned at the rate of four hours biweekly. Leave accrual increases every three years until eight hours of leave are earned biweekly for twelve or more years of service. Sick leave is earned at the rate of four hours biweekly. There are eleven paid holidays each year.
Health and Dental Insurance: Three group health insurance plans are offered - a network open access plan, a point-of-service plan, and a health maintenance organization. A group dental insurance plan is also offered. The County pays a significant portion of the premium for these plans for employees and their dependents. A discount vision plan is provided for eye care needs.
Life Insurance: A group term policy of basic life insurance is provided at no cost to employees. The benefit is one times annual salary. Additional life insurance is available with rates based on the employee's age and smoker/non-smoker status.
Retirement: The County offers three vehicles to help you prepare for retirement: a defined benefit plan, a defined contribution plan (401(a)), and a deferred compensation plan (457). The defined benefit plan provides a monthly retirement benefit based on your final average salary and years of service with the County. You contribute a portion of your salary on a pre-tax basis to this plan. General employees contribute 4% of pay; uniformed public safety employees contribute 7.5% of pay. Employees become vested in the plan at five years of service. The County also contributes to this plan.
For general employees, the County also contributes 4.2% of pay to a defined contribution plan (401(a)) . The County also matches your 457 contribution, up to $20 per pay period, in this plan. The 457 deferred compensation plan allows you to set aside money on either a pre-tax (457b) or post-tax (457 Roth) basis up to the IRS annual limit. New employees are automatically enrolled with a pre-tax contribution equal to 2% of your base pay.
Other Benefits: The County also offers health, dependent care, and parking flexible spending accounts; long-term care insurance; tuition assistance; transit and walk/bike to work subsidies; a college savings plan; wellness programs; training opportunities; and a variety of other employee benefits.
Permanent, Part-Time Appointments:
Part time employees who work ten or more hours per week receive paid leave and benefits in proportion to the number of hours worked per week.
Limited Term Appointments:
Benefits are the same as permanent appointments except that the employees do not achieve permanent status.
Temporary Regular Appointments:
Temporary regular employees who work 30 hours or more per week are eligible for health, dental, and basic life insurance as described above. They are also eligible for vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
Temporary Seasonal and Occasional Appointments:
Temporary employees who work on a seasonal basis or variable hours receive sick leave, but do not normally receive other paid leave or benefits. Exceptions are noted in individual announcements.
Please select if you have the following (check all that apply):
* Experience in a help desk environment providing Tier 1 and Tier 2 support;
* ITIL ticketing system;
* Mobile Device Management Experience;
* None of the above
Please select if you have any of the following certifications (select all that apply):
* HDI Help Desk Analyst
* HDI Customer Support Specialist
* MS Office Specialist
* (MSCA) Microsoft Certified Professional in Windows 10 or current operating system
* A+ Certification (Core Hardware and Operating Systems)
* I do not have the following certifications but am able to obtain them within 12-18 months of hire
* I do not have the following certifications and will not be able to obtain them within 12-18 months of hire
Agency Arlington County
Address 2100 Clarendon Blvd, Suite 511
Arlington, Virginia, 22201