ORGANIZATION: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub is the world's largest ticket marketplace. Our mission is to bring the joy of live to fans globally. The Engineering teams vision is to be the industry leaders in building products and technology to enable our company mission.
StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. The company's unique online marketplace, provides all fans the choice to buy or sell their tickets in a safe, convenient and highly reliable environment and is processing a ticket every second with billions of ticket sales each year globally. We partner closely with MLB, NFL, AEG, ESPN and many leading teams such as the San Francisco Giants and Philadelphia 76ers, along with over 60 other teams in MLB, NBA, NHL and NCAA.
As a Mobile Engineer, you will be responsible for the ownership and evolution of our native technology stack. As the Mobile Engineer, you will work closely with other engineering, design, and product management teams, to both deliver on the road map and our plan for the future. You will own and evolve the native mobile technology architecture. Success in this area means making the right decisions that are both what's best for the long-term health of our applications and what's best for the customer. You will be working on high-volume applications that power the StubHub marketplace and leading high performing teams to build an engaging selling experience for millions of customers daily and generating billions of dollars in annual revenue. You are a huge proponent of Test Driven Development, and will advocate and hold engineers accountable for following this pattern rigorously.
* Be part of a full stack engineering team working on StubHub mobile application
* Work with key partners in the PM, Design and Engineering Managers to architect simple, reliable and elegant iOS and/or android applications
* Provide technical guidance, mentorship, and assistance to the team, to build multi-tier scalable, performance and reliable applications that operate 24x7
* Make appropriate product and business trade-offs and give technology direction that leads to measurable product and business outcomes
* Execute to success through diligent planning, attention to detail, effective delegation and efficient decision-making
* Mentor exceptional talent at IC level
* Be a culture champion on the team and across the company
* 5+ years of work experience in software design and development, with 3+ years in mobile application development
* Strong iOS or Android programming skills, deep understanding of the iOS or Android SDK
* Experience and in build products with full stack technologies, with excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms.
* Experience with agile development methodologies with Test Driven Development (TDD) and CD (Continuous delivery)Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
* Strong people management skills, that includes the ability to coach and mentor engineers of all skill levels
* Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering
* MS or PhD in Computer Science or related discipline
StubHub is a Subsidiary of eBay.eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.For more information see:EEO is the Law Poster EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
is a Subsidiary of eBay.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
eBay is a company developing an online auction and e-commerce platform that enables people and businesses to buy and sell goods and services.