Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cybersecurity. Operating one of the world's largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
About the Team:
Be part of the mobile revolution. The hottest and most relevant space in technology today! Symantec's Norton team is looking for talented, driven & creative individuals to work on the next generation of industry leading products, technologies and services. The post-PC era is here and the new battleground is your mobile device. Protect yourself and loved ones who want to work and play in a connected Mobile world.
About the Role:
As an Agile Software Development Engineer, you will be part of a team that creates popular market-leading mobile security products
* Participate in Agile development activities including sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives and demos. Deliver incremental working software and test automation with each sprint.
* Quickly and efficiently design, implement, and test great, high quality mobile software.
* Communicate and collaborate among cross-functional teams in a multinational environment.
* Good debugging and problem solving skills
* Working as part of a team that builds popular market-leading mobile security products.
* Working under some supervision, following defined procedures, build solutions to assure the security, availability and integrity of information.
* Participate in code and design reviews on code written by development engineers for Android and iOS platforms.
* Works on adding new features using a variety of software programming languages including Swift/Objective-C on iOS, Java on Android platform. Develop Unit Tests, tools and test automation.
* Should have ability to come up with good automation procedures and produce robust test results on Android platform.
* May be assigned to various software engineering projects that utilize skills above.
* Currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, or related field
* Programming knowledge of Java , Swift, or C++/Objective-C programming language.
* Experience in debugging mobile apps using both user mode and Android SDK/ eclipse/ Android Emulator/ Android Tools Plugin is a plus.
* Programming knowledge in Android and iOS platforms is preferred.
* Knowledge of Unit testing Frameworks.
* Fluent in spoken and written English.
* Must be a motivated, detail-oriented individual and a good team player.
Symantec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. Symantec strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records. In addition, Symantec will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about pay transparency.
EEO is the law. Applicants and employees of Symantec Corporation are protected under Federal law from discrimination. See the EEO poster and supplement.