MMIS IV&V Project Manager
Since 1996, SLI Government Solutions has been helping customers manage their technology risks and investments. SLI provides software testing, quality assurance (QA), and independent verification and validation (IV&V) for commercial and government agency clients that are based upon our proprietary quality management methodology, SQM3.
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to support a Medicaid IV&V project in Colorado. This is a management position to oversee and manage an IV&V Team in their scope and delivery. The Project Manager is responsible for overseeing technical and functional IV&V team members and working collaboratively with each team member to successfully develop IV&V assessments and identify process improvement opportunities. The Project Manager will serve as the primary point of contact for the client related to the IV&V work the PM is overseeing. The PM is responsible for ensuring the completion of all IV&V work.
Experience in systems development best practices and knowledge of the typical artifacts created as part of a system development project is required. Knowledge of Medicaid is a requirement and familiarity with MITA and MECT/MEET is preferred. Knowledge of multi-project integration programs and multi-system data consolidation efforts is preferred.
Essential Functions (Duties & Responsibilities):
* Provide daily direction to IV&V team related to delivery of IV&V scope
* Coach and mentor IV&V team members in quality assurance and assessment practices
* Maintain relevant metrics that help the team see how they are doing
* Work closely with the business, technical, and management teams of both the client and the implementation vendor to understand the contracts, roles, and objectives of the project and all partners of the project
* Provide business and technical guidance to the Department during the requirements, design, development, testing, and implementation phases
* Evaluate the approach, performance and progress made on a project and identify and articulate the observations, findings, risks, and issues
* Identify and provide mitigation strategies for project risks and alternative approaches for handling negative findings or issues
* Prepare clear, concise, and objective reports of findings, observations, and outcomes/recommendations
* Make periodic presentations on status and progress of the project to executive level management
* Review and provide a detailed assessment of documentation developed by the vendor and client
* Validate test results and provide recommendations as to the impact of test results on the acceptability of the system
* Provide regular status reporting
* At least two years of project management experience, preferably in health or major IT systems-related work.
* At least two years of experience conducting IV&V work, preferably in health or major IT systems-related work.
* Knowledge of the components of Software Development Life Cycle and best practices including all waterfall and agile frameworks as well as SaaS, COTS, and Custom design solutions
* Strong leadership skills, good organization, and excellent facilitation skills
* Strong analytical and organizational skills associated with evaluating products to predetermined standards
* Deep knowledge of Medicaid and Health IT that spans the development and testing of systems through the operation of the programs the technology supports
* Experience and proficiency in preparing planning documents and written reports
* Proven ability to report observations, conclusions, and making recommendations for improvement about project problems and issues; ability to focus and to be objective on the assessment of SDLC processes and products
* Strong interpersonal skills that allow for moving comfortably in a business environment and to interface with all levels of customer staff
* Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
Working Conditions: Full Time, Colorado 50%+ travel
We offer excellent benefits that include:
* Comprehensive Health & Dental Insurance
* 100% Paid Life Insurance
* Paid Holidays
* 401k Savings Plan (with 50% Matching Contribution)
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related task and responsibilities than those stated above.
SLI encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
More information can be found on our website: www.sliglobalsolutions.com