For 30 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world's most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
1-190211-8517: Mid Level Software Engineer
LocationU.S. - Virginia - Vienna Open Date2/11/2019 JOB DESCRIPTION
SOSi's Special Program Division, is seeking a Software Engineer to develop and maintain several data collection, management, processing, and analysis projects. A successful candidate will possess a solid foundation in CS principles (data structures, asynchronous memory management, and OOP), the ability to write maintainable code, and above all else a desire to learn.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
* Produce software to solve challenging problems involving large datasets
* Work well in a small team in a fast-paced development cycle
* Identify areas where the efforts of the software team can increase efficiency for the organization as a whole
* Provide technical support to customers and co-workers for existing software
* Manage competing priorities to meet deadlines
* Maintain a positive work atmosphere
* Communicate effectively internally and with clients
* Mentor Junior Developers
* Current DOD Top Secret with SCI Access
* Bachelor's in Computer Science or related field
* 3-5 years experience in software engineering/development
* An understanding of version control using Git
* An understanding of the Linux command line
* Proficiency in Python or Go
* Capable of learning and applying new skills when demands exceed existing capabilities
* Proficiency in JS, C, C++, or Java
* Experience with continuous integration / continuous deployment tools
* Experience with modern relational, non-relational databases, and/or file storage solutions (e.g. Postgres, Redis, S3)
* Experience with virtualization/containerization (e.g. Docker, VMware, XenServer)
* Experience with distributed systems (e.g. concurrent processes and managing shared state)
* Experience building and interacting with RESTful APIs?
* Fluency in a foreign language
* Experience with HTTP/Proxy servers (eg. Nginx, Squid, Privoxy)
* Normal office working conditions with possible requirement to lift and/or move objects or packages of up to 25 lbs
* Periods of non-traditional working hours including consecutive nights or weekends when necessary