Job ID 00000121496 Date posted 06/20/2019 Location Renton, Washington, United States Company The Boeing Company
Performs activities to support market opportunities for Information Technology products. Gathers data on customer needs to identify product opportunities. Assists with business cases. Writes business and functional requirements for product improvements based on customer requests. Gathers materials for product demonstrations. Gathers data related to financial targets.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking a Mid Level Product Management Specialist who can work in a digital transformation environment. Are you someone who can focus on our core principles - deliver value, focus on real users, build in quality, strive for technical excellence, deliver iteratively and incrementally, work in focused teams? This position will be located in Renton, Washington.
As the Warranties IT Product Manager you will learn and understand current business processes, along with the expertise and ability to recommend well-reasoned ways of enhancing, re-architecting and improving technical solutions to support business requirements. You must thrive in a small team work environment and have the ability to take initiative and work at times with minimal supervision. You will work with a geographically dispersed team of software developers, stake holders and other teammates to design and implement new or modified functionality. You will be an integral part of the Boeing Warranty Claims team.
* Support and enhance existing applications.
* Lead end user engagements and analyze customer data to develop the IT product strategy, concepts and capabilities.
* Oversee creation of business and functional requirements and product road maps.
* Work with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to ensure requirements are met.
* Create and prioritize the product backlogs with guidance from key stakeholders.
* Create user stories that are concise narrative descriptions of functionality within a feature.
* Define actionable acceptance criteria that directly measures full completion of a user story and it's role within a feature.
* Test and validate that delivered solutions meet requirements.
* Support product demonstrations, value propositions.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years' related work experience, 10 years' related work experience, etc.).
* 3+ Years of experience in the Agile Software development lifecycle
* 1+ Years of experience with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools (ex. Gitlab, TFS, ClearCase, or similar tool)
* 3+ Years of experience with performing research and analysis on processes, applications, systems and data to identify functional requirements for application or system design
* 3+ Years of experience in software or systems testing
* Experience in SOX or other internal controls in the industry
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.