Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Mid Level Java Developer Job Description
* Participates as a member of development team or teams; may lead a small development team.
* Designs units for others. Completes development to implement complex components.
* Contributes to design activities; may design solutions.
* Develops independently; participates in code reviews and may lead code reviews. May lead and provide mentoring and guidance to less senior developers.
* Designs, prepares and executes unit tests.
* Applies in-depth or broad technical knowledge to maintain one or more technology areas (e.g. Web-site Development).
* Applies company and 3rd party technologies to complex software solutions of moderate complexity.
* Independently implements end-user or enterprise solutions complexity or services prepared by more senior technologists for more complex solutions.
* May assign work to others.
* Provides time / resource estimates for assigned tasks.
* May provide time / resource estimates for assigned projects.
Education and Experience Required
* Typically a technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 6 years related experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 4 years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills
* More than 6 years experience writing code using languages such as (and not limited to) COBOL, PL/1, Java, C, C++, C#, VB.Net.
* Ability to work with Web-development tools for new applications.
* Basic Understanding of RDBMS databases such SQL Server and Oracle. Basic understanding of modern software design and development methodologies (e.g., OO).
* Experience on one or more full release project life cycles.
* Strong understanding of modern SCM (software configuration management).
* Basic understanding of testing tools and unit and integration test scripting, and testing methodologies.
* Experience using an Integrated Development Environment (e.g., Eclipse, Visual Studio).
* Strong understanding basic Database Administration.
* Able to