Are you interested in applying your technical expertise to solving noble missions related to national and global security, the health of the planet, or the nation's food supply? SAIC is a leading provider of innovative solutions that make a profound difference in the world. We are expanding our team of Data Scientists! If you're looking for an opportunity to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment, we're looking for you.
* Data Analyst Works in cross-functional teams with data at all stages of the analysis lifecycle to derive actionable insight.
* Translates mission needs into an end-to-end analytical approach to achieve results.
* Performs the pre-analytics areas of data collection and understanding, data cleansing and integration, and data storage and retrieval.
* Determines the appropriate analytics based on the data and the desired outcomes, using techniques including feature detection, statistics, data mining, predictive modeling, machine learning, natural language processing, and business intelligence.
* Interprets the validity of results and communicates the meaning of those results.
* Has familiarity with data wrangling, analytics, and visualization software and programming languages, including analytics methods for big data.
* Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
* Works under only general direction.
* Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
* Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts.
* Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelors and five years or more experience. Four additional years experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
* Experience with data wrangling, analytics, and visualization software and programming languages, including analytics methods for big data.
* Experience using data analysis and visualization tools such as Tableau.
* ETL development.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability