Who Are We:
FIS connects consumers to their money through leading-edge payments solutions. We're the development engine of FIS: the largest, Fortune 500, Fintech company in the world. Our solution is branded by our customers - banks and retailers - so you might not have heard of us. But, if you've used a mobile banking app, interacted with an ATM, or used a debit card to complete a financial transaction, you're most likely using FIS software. Our product is one that touches the average consumer on a regular basis, and makes the financial world go 'round.
Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company, ranked 392 on the Fortune 500 list and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index. Named a 2016 "World's Most Admired Company" by Fortune Magazine.
About the team:
The role of the Chief Information Office (CIO) Platform Care Team is to support and maintain systems and platforms for the Outsourced Business organization. This includes monitoring, real time 24x7 support, remediate security issues, request, manage and/or build new devices and IT platforms as requested and approved by the respective Item Processing business units.
Systems Programmer/Analyst - This position would be a member of the CIO Platform Care team and will be responsible to review, analyze, develop, install, modify, maintain and/or support major subsystem software components in a large computing environment across multiple production data centers. The candidate should have experience and a working knowledge in the following: Oracle Super User with the ability to perform database data extraction, manipulation and table creation, LAN/WAN network terminology and connectivity, remote and hands-on Microsoft Windows operating system administration, folder structures and file changes. This person should be customer focused as the job also involves coordinating and engaging with FIS technical and network teams as well as FIS' customers, end users and third party vendors.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provides technical support activities for a production processing environment.
* Installs, maintains and supports operating system and/or its components and subsystems.
* Analyzes and resolves problems related to failures in operating system and ancillary software components.
* Provides technical assistance to programming staff in analyzing application software abends, performance and resource consumption.
* Creates and maintains complete documentation as it relates to installation and status of software.
* 24x7 support for operating systems and ancillary software.
* Educates internal users on software capabilities and use.
* Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner
* Requires knowledge of one or more operating systems used by FIS
* Ability to understand and apply technical concepts
* Basic understanding of installation methodologies and toolsets as well as networking concepts and protocols
* Team skills including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
* Understanding of FIS ImageCentre a plus
* Familiarity with accessing Oracle databases with industry standard tools for exporting and im
* Basic file transmission concept understanding including transfer workflows and protocols.