This is a managerial level position leading the Vehicle, Methods and Tools team at the Volkswagen Group of America's Engineering Center of California (ECC) in Belmont, CA. Key responsibilities of this position include leading a team of engineers and technicians, managing the test lab and workshop investments, implementing test automation, overseeing the workshop equipment and personnel planning.
This needs to always be aligned with the business plan and business needs of the Innovation and Engineering Center California (IECC).
Strategy & Direction
* Define overall mission and strategy for the Vehicle, Methods and Tools team * Plan for critical investment, to keep the workshop and test lab at the IECC up to date with newest technology to enable efficient project execution * Keep the IECC car pool relevant with models that support VWGoA strategy. * Transfer technologies and solutions from and to Volkswagen Group development partners as needed * Align individual/project goals with Vehicle, Methods and Tools goals and ECC mission
* Provide test lab and vehicle related services to project partners within ECC and ICC * Understand organization's needs for pool cars * Ability to communicate regularly and influence Brand partners in Germany
* Lead and manage a team of 15 engineers and technicians at the ECC (4 FTEs plus contractors) * Strategically organize personnel around core competencies * Ensure integrity and a positive team spirit (lead by example) * Communicate policy and process to AICT members * Write evaluations and statements for internal/external advancement of Vehicle, Methods and Tools members * Guide the Performance Management Plans and Professional Developments Plans of employees
* Manage internal/external budget and resources for Vehicle, Methods and Tools * Oversee the car pool for IECC * Manage all vehicle issues related to customs, procurement, DMV
Years of Experience Needed
* 10 years of overall industry experience
* Bachelor of Science. Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field, Master of Science preferred
* Hands-on Experience in automotive R&D-Centers * Technical knowledge with at least one of the main OS like: Android, iOS, Linux * In-vehicle diagnostics (e.g. VehicleSpy) * Basic German language skills
* Flexibility to participate in early morning / late evening phone conferences with German customers * Short term, short notice availability for travel within the US and to Europe
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.