Apply early as this job may be removed or filled prior to the closing date, which is approximately seven (7) days after the posting date.
Job Location: Fort Worth
Other Potential Locations: Fort Worth, TX
Anticipated Start Date: 08/01/2019
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Range: $109,500 - $139,500
* Understand BNSF Railway's business objectives, understand the Technology Services department's strategy, then recommend and/or implement security technology that enables or supports the achievement of these objectives.
* Manage a highly interactive team of technology professionals to plan, develop, implement, and provide 7x24 support of data security solutions. This includes leading investigations / forensics around security events.
* Provide strong leadership for technically complex solutions involving multiple suppliers. Effectively integrate security solutions with business systems, computer and network infrastructure using sound project management and communication. Ensure deliverables are functionally valuable, technically sound, and appropriately integrated.
* Motivate the team to achieve our shared objectives, and evaluate each employee team member's performance. Continually demonstrate and communicate our Vision and Values, our Leadership Model, our business objectives and strategies, and our policies and procedures including our Code of Conduct.
* Set high standards for performance, clearly communicate responsibilities and expectations, and coach the team to challenge the status quo, initiate solutions, and act with a sense of urgency.
* Initiate ongoing and effective communication with other teams within Technology Services and with its suppliers.
* Partner with application development and other business partners to enforce adherence to strong firewall implementation policies
* Ability to manage multimillion dollar capital and operating budget within departmental guidelines
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related technical field.
* Ten years of work experience in information technology or railroad related field is required.
* Five years of managing security or network engineering in a large corporate technology environment is desired
* Five years of experience as a manager leading highly technical teams is preferred
* Need to be able to help advance security technology while maintaining good organizational involvement in technology solutions to business problems.
* Must have experience leading cross-functional teams through all phases of technology projects, delivering valuable products and/or services on time, within budget, and in compliance with internally required and externally mandated standards and practices, with a high level of customer satisfaction.
* The successful candidate will possess outstanding leadership and communications skills as well as good teambuilding, project management, conflict resolution, and decision making skills.
* Proven work experience with enterprise class firewall, VPN, IPS, proxy, and DLP infrastructure
* Working knowledge of active directory, identity management, and other IAM technologies
* Previous experience with implementing a network segmentation strategy in a complex network environment
* Strong understanding of cloud computing requirements as it pertains to network perimeter security
BNSF offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to
* Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
* 401(k) Plan
* Railroad Retirement
* Life Insurance
* Incentive Compensation Plan (ICP)
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS
* Criminal history
* Last 7 years of driving history
* Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
* Social Security number
MEDICAL REVIEW ELEMENTS:
* Medical evaluation
* Drug Screen
* Other elements as needed
DRUG TEST ELEMENTS:
BNSF is committed to a safe and drug free work place and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping BNSF safe and drug free.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at www.tsa.gov/for-industrytwic.
SF: MO | [[mfield5]] | Technology Services | Fort Worth, TX | 76131