The IT / Cyber Security Manager will serve as an expert on cybersecurity protection, detection,
response and recovery for MGO Technology Group's clients. This role works closely with our clients
to ensure software, hardware and related components are protected from cyber attacks and
prepares client's for what to do in the event of an attack.
* Develops unique and effective security strategies for software systems, networks, data centers and hardware
* Investigates any reported computer or IT security incidents determining the cause, then clearly communicates findings and plans to mitigate risk to client
* Monitors internal and external policy compliance ensuring both clients and their vendors are working within the framework of company cyber security policies
* Monitors regulation compliance for clients (credit card, healthcare data, personally identifiable information, etc.) and ensures their internal security policies align with applicable laws and regulations
* Builds in security systems to software, hardware and components
* Researches and advises on best ways to secure company-wide IT infrastructure
* Monitors client software for external intrusions, attacks and hacks
* Immediately closes off security vulnerability in case of an attack
* Assist clients with implementing new technology programs, evaluating and helping to implement controls to mitigate the risk of its operation
* Creates a security incident response program for organizations to have in place in the event of a security incident
* Researches and stays informed on the latest security developments and trends in the cyber security industry
* Heavy sitting for extended periods in front of a computer
* Travel, including overnight, may be required approximately 5% of time
* Minimal Hazards
* 10+ years IT experience with at least 5 years' cyber security experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science or related field
* Strong IT skills including knowledge of different hardware, software systems, networks and data centers
* Ability to identify vulnerabilities and overall issues
* Ability to think like a hacker and anticipate hacker moves
* Impeccable attention to detail
* Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
* Experience working with cyber security frameworks and cyber program
* Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionali
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in Englis
* Must be able to keep client matters strictly confidential.
* Must have excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
Founded in 1987, MGO (Macias Gini & O'Connell LLP) is one of the fastest growing professional services firms in the country with a staff of over 300 in offices in Los Angeles, Sacramento, Walnut Creek, Century City, Newport Beach, Beverly Hills, San Jose, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, New York City and New Delhi. The firm offers a diverse array of assurance, tax, consulting, staffing, outsourcing and advisory services to clients that range from aerospace and engineering firms, to hospitals and nonprofit foundations - from the largest government entities in the country, to the biggest celebrities in Hollywood. MGO is ranked as one of the top CPA firms in the nation by Accounting Today and Inside Public Accounting. And the firm was awarded the 'Best of Accounting' designation in Client Satisfaction by the independent research firm, Inavero. In addition to advancement opportunities, we offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Parking/Transit Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k) with a company match. To find out more about MGO, visit our website at www.mgocpa.com.