About Lesley University:
Located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Lesley University is highly regarded for its graduate and undergraduate programs in education, the arts, and applied social sciences. Lesley fosters a highly creative environment in which innovative ideas thrive, theory is integrated with practice and its 6,400 students and 92,000 alumni are empowered to improve and enrich communities.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, life, and long-term-disability insurance. In addition, we offer generous amounts of vacation and holiday time, as well as a tuition remission policy that enables employees to expand their knowledge and skills.
The Media Support Specialist I is responsible for providing effective Tier 2 technology support and troubleshooting for classrooms and research computer labs in a multiple building setting for LA+D faculty, staff, and students.
* Responds to a variety of support requests in-person or remotely; performing technical troubleshooting on media equipment.
* Images computers and hardware installs.
* Provides support and training for a wide variety of classroom technologies including tools in the fabrication lab, fine art digital printing.
* Provides ad-hoc training to the user community.
* Regularly creates documentation to contribute to the knowledgebase.
* Oversees the usage and repair of Digital Lockup equipment and collaborates with AC staff on policies and procedures to ensure access to equipment, shooting studios, and labs for classes.
* Acts as the primary backup in the Fabrication Lab including maintaining and recommending equipment and training faculty and students on usage.
* Coordinates the usage of the Web Checkout system for the equipment borrowed by students and faculty through AC.
* Trains all student staff on proper use to ensure accuracy of inventory.
* Performs routine maintenance of desktop hardware, software, and peripheral equipment in research labs at Lesley Art + Design, and escalates to Director of AC or IT as necessary.
* Assists the Director of AC in the maintenance and management of the large format printers in the Digital Print Lab and the Risograph, and in the training of student staff to do the same.
* Directly supervises student workers including training, setting performance goals and ensuring delivery of good customer service to students, faculty and staff with regard to academic technology.
* Bachelor's degree with 1 - 2 years of experience in technology or a bachelor's degree in technology or a related field.
* Experience in staff supervision demonstrating the ability to mentor others.
* Proficiency with Microsoft, Adobe, Windows, and Apple products and the desire to learn new technology as required.
* Outstanding customer service orientation, and ability to communicate clearly and effectively to end-users at a wide range of technological skill levels.
* Demonstrated success working independently as well as in a team, with superb time-management skills.
* Analytic skills, initiative, and ability to prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment.
* Proven ability to perform well under stress when confronted with emergency, critical or unusual customer situations.
* Must be authorized to work in the United States; if you hold a visa, your visa status must allow you to work at Lesley University.
Salary Grade 24N: $47,368 - $56,368.
Background checks are required for all positions.
Lesley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to increasing the diversity of the university community and the curriculum. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this goal are encouraged to apply.
A cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references must be included for full consideration.
Applications will be reviewed upon the establishment of an appropriate pool of candidates.