1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master Platform Engineer
We're Capital One. Yep, the "What's in your wallet?" people. But we are oh so much more than that. Did you know we're a full service bank? Checking accounts, savings accounts, mortgages, and car loans. We could tell you more, but you're going to check out our web site anyway, right?
Here is one of our favorites:
Are you looking to influence decision makers with your own technological ideas and innovations? Do you want to be on the forefront of cloud adoption and emerging technologies? If yes, join us in Capital One Platform Engineering, where we develop best-in-class strategy and solutions for key internal business domains, provide key capabilities for critical cross-organization programs, and prove out emerging technologies and DevOps best practices.
Master Platform Engineer
* Comprehensive knowledge of the functional and technical aspects of the platforms
* Able to troubleshoot complex hardware and software defects with low supervision
* Identify technical obstacles early and work to find creative solutions
* Educate team members (including BSAs, Scrum Masters and Product Owners) on capabilities and constraints of technology platforms
* Review, analyze, and modify programming systems, including coding, testing, debugging and installing
* Maintain records to document program development and revisions
* Perform data analytics to support job functions
* Provides ongoing support to existing systems as needed
* Monitors operating efficiency of existing systems
* Defines and maintains system/application configurations
* Communicate technical info to peers, vendors and customers
* Can act as the technical lead for medium sized projects (project size or number of projects will increase with level)
* Conduct design and implementation reviews to ensure compliance with standards
* Estimate level of effort to meet acceptance criteria
* Focus on continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality / time to market imperatives
* Maintain records to document system development and evolution
* Provide 3rd level support as needed
* Share best practices and improve processes within and across sprint teams, and mentor more junior team members
* Bachelor's Degree or military experience
* At least 2 years of IT experience
* Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering or military experience
* At least 5 years of experience in Applications Technical Support or Incident Management or Incident Response Team or Release Management
* At least 5 years of experience in Reporting and Analysis
* At least 5 years of experience in Resiliency related activities
* At least 3 years experience with programming languages (python preferred)
* At least 5 years experience with scripting (shell, bash, perl, python)
* Active (not expired) AWS certification
* At least 5 years experience with AWS cloud technologies (S3 bucket administration; EC2; ELB; Security Groups; IGW; ACLs; etc)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.