1 Broadway (21026), United States of America, Cambridge, Massachusetts
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Software Engineering-Cloud Products and Platforms
Capital One is looking for a Software Engineering Managerto be a part of a team focused on the commercialization of our pioneering technology products. This is an exciting opportunity to truly be part of a startup but with the ability to build products at significant scale.
You will be tasked with expanding and externalizing our product suite. As we have transformed into a Technology company, we have found ourselves with a portfolio of effective tools and platforms that meet customer needs, but don't exist in the marketplace. Be a founding and integral member of a team driving the technology strategy and approach, product and platform development, and re-architecting and re-engineering for multiple enterprise customers and scale. You will play a direct role in creating a brand-new revenue stream for the company.
* Designing, implementing, testing, deploying and maintaining innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
* Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
* Using software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
* Helping determine how best technology can be applied to meet the customers' needs
* Performing code reviews and approval of Pull Requests to ensure adherence to good software design practices and Architecture strategy intent
* Working with product managers to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
As part of this team you'll demonstrate:
* Innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
* Intellectual curiosity; bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
* Superior technical proficiency; well versed in open source technologies, public cloud infrastructure and strong DevOps capabilities. Experience with machine learning and data science products and engineering is also highly valued.
* Ability to build enterprise grade products for multiple customers at scale
* Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
* At least 5 years of software development experience
* At least 3 years of experience working with AWS or Azure or GCP
* 6+ years of software development experience
* Experience with machine learning and data science products and engineering
* Experience building enterprise grade cloud-based products
* Experience with DevOps
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.