The Team: Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout. You simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what you want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go.
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology. It automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you're done shopping, you just leave the store. Shortly after, we'll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our technology uses computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA. We need people who want to join a high-reaching program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
The Role: Everyone on our team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that's more startup than big company. We're solving problems that span a broad range of domains: computer vision, image recognition, machine learning, and network engineering.
As a Manager of Software Development, you'll build an elite team of development engineers to define, drive and execute on this vision. You will invent and ship software that directly impacts our end customer experience. You'll develop your team of highly motivated and talented builders who can collaborate with product managers, technical specialists, and principals across the company.
* You'll lead the overall development life cycle of software solutions and manage complex projects with significant impact.
* Coordinate with your senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for product development.
* Assure that your team's designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
* Prioritize, plan projects and features, manage partners, and track external commitments.
* Monitor operation of production services to ensure Operational Excellence.
* Foster the career development of your direct reports.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.