Interested in Amazon Echo? Come work on the engine behind it - Alexa. We're building a new Platform behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. The Platform will deliver production-quality user experiences on the technologies our customers interact with (e.g., web, mobile, device). We're working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
As a Software Development Manager, you will lead an organization of close-knit Engineers that are incredibly technical, agile, data driven, and highly collaborative. You will lead design, development, test, and deployment of a range of products related to skill definition, management, creation and execution. You will own a new platform, services and features which will enable developers to create better skills more efficiently. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be helping to hire and build your team and systems.
* · Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle
* · Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
* · Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
* · Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
* · Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
* If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.