What does a great Manager, Software Development do at Fiserv?
You will play a key role in running large enterprise framework development projects while leading a core development team from both onshore and offshore. At Fiserv, we deliver features that will allow consumers to make easy online/mobile payments. Our clients are Fortune 500 companies and your contribution will directly impact the way their customers making a payment. We have an open and dynamic environment, where creative ideas are valued and a constant pursuit for better quality and process improvement are part of our culture. You will be the champion of these values and the evangelist for using technology to solve complex problems.
We need someone who can provide effective communication and direction, as this position entails building consensus with numerous internal and external resources. We need someone with solid influence skills to help dictate technical direction of projects in order to be successful.
You're the kind of person who has experience:
* Providing technical oversight to the development teams to solve complex technical problems
* Leading of the full software development lifecycle required for a group of developers and testers in an agile environment.
Establishing links during the implementation process to ensure that any issues requiring critical issues or increased management attention are promptly addressed.
* Leading a technical staff of QA and database developers to ensure continuous improvement.
* Working with each resource to define and design career path opportunities and obtain training for staff, if needed.
* Selecting, hiring, training, developing writing performance appraisals, writing corrective action plans and salary review of technical personnel.
* Coordinating with internal Fiserv groups including Development, Database Engineering, Project Management, Account Management, and Distributed Systems Operations and Network Engineering to identify and implement improvements to the client implementation process.
* Working as part of the core product team to prioritize features, bugs, and tech debt items
* Developing and establishing department standards and procedures. Additionally you can recommend the most efficient ways to ensure the best implementation practices of new or upgraded products.
* Keeping up with new groundbreaking trends and technology
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
* Education: Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering
* Min 10 years of professional experience in an Information Technology role
* Minimum five years people leadership
* Agile development experience
Preferred Skills For Consideration:
* Experience working in the Financial Services industry is a strong plus.
* Experience with Fiserv products and services are a strong plus.
* Deep understanding of troubleshooting methodologies
Who We Are:
The Biller Solutions Division within Fiserv offers hosted technology solutions for consumer billing and payment to companies of all sizes and industries. Our solutions equip companies with the ability to offer their consumer base electronic paperless billing (e-bills) and electronic payments (one-time, card funded, recurring, registered, ACH funded, etc.) in channels including the company's website, bank or financial institution websites, via the phone or through walk-in locations like Walmart. Our clients are dynamic and include small local water companies, medium-sized regional electric utilities and large national auto lenders, credit card issuers and telco/wireless providers. We also operate a direct to consumer website called MyCheckFree.com
Fiserv welcomed diverity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.