Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager, Skype Engineer to join our Digital Nexus Technology organization. This opportunity is open to internal candidates from all KPMG US locations and externally in the locations listed in this posting.
* Act as a senior hands-on engineering subject matter professional for Microsoft Skype for Business 2015/2019 and our strategic future direction towards Microsoft Teams; act as a project's lead design/planning engineer producing highly detailed network/systems diagrams and design documentation for projects to evolve a large 30,000+ user on-premises Skype for Business 2015 environment which uses Nectar's UCMP, Perspective, and UC-Diagnostics for UC systems management
* Define, plan and implement the specific system changes to convert a Skype for Business 2015 conferencing/meetings-only environment into a Skype for Business 2015/2019 Enterprise Voice architecture which uses Oracle SBC's, AudioCodes MediaPack gateways, Polycom phones/room A/V systems/endpoints; Work with Skype Operations teams on the individual Skype user templates, Powershell scripting, and other work to migrate users from Cisco or Avaya to Skype
* Take part in the development of the firm's Collaboration/Unified Communications technology roadmaps and participate in the standards process for Collaboration solutions (Skype for Business 2015/2019/Teams, Skype integrated Polycom room conferencing solutions, other UC Collaboration Systems); Partner with leadership, UC Architect, other in-domain Architects/Engineers, and Enterprise Architecture teams to develop collaboration solution designs, presentations, and standards; Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of the evolving Microsoft UC ecosystem, collaboration technology industry directions, PowerShell scripting for Microsoft systems administration, and trends in the area of collaboration and UC system engineering
* Drive to deliver technology and products in the collaboration technology roadmap on schedule and with the highest quality and seamless user experience; Provide advice, guidance, and direction to carry out plans and procedures, ensuring project schedule attainment, Skype for Business infrastructure standards adherence, Skype/UC systems/network performance, and project budgetary compliance
* Author or provide guidance in the writing of UC and Collaboration requirements documents, design diagrams/documents, engineering specifications and standards, configuration worksheets, test strategies/test plans, and "As Built" documentation or system "Runbooks" for use by operations staff post-implementation
* Provide last/highest tier support for operations and support teams supporting the large US portion of a global on-premises Skype for Business 2015 architecture and Office365/Teams evolution path including root cause analysis and preventative analysis; Utilize thorough hands-on knowledge of on-premises physical server-based Skype for Business 2015/2019, cloud-based Teams, on-premises Active Directory and Azure Active Directory, DNS/Auto-discovery, reverse proxy/load balancer/firewall controls, and the larger Microsoft Skype/Exchange ecosystem for highest level of support
* Minimum five years of experience in an IT environment, managing and supporting projects; experience working in a large company that migrated from Cisco or Avaya to Skype/Teams is a plus
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
* Experience migrating enterprise voice/telephony users from Avaya CM and Cisco UCM telephony/UC environments into a Skype for Business 2015/2019 Enterprise Voice architecture using laptops with Skype certified headsets, Polycom phones, and Polycom room audio/visual conferencing/collaboration systems
* Ability to positively influence, mentor and be a credible source of knowledge to less experienced team members; able to prioritize, delegate and foster the development of high performance teams to lead/support an environment driven by customer service and team work
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills, with ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of responsibility and authority; Strong trouble-shooting and organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to participate in resource planning processes based on defined organizational plans
* US Citizenship is required
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.