Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager, Senior IT Project Management to join our Digital Nexus technology organization. This opportunity is open to internal candidates from all KPMG US locations and external candidates interested in being based in one of the cities listed within this posting.
* Evolve program and project management capabilities, improve delivery of solutions to business clients, and leverage project management knowledge across the IT organization by consulting with internal customers on project initiation statements, project definition reports, and business cases and benefits realization estimates
* Develop and manage project operating costs, request budget allocation and reallocations and ensure project & program is within budget, along with development of work plans and work programs, including estimates and resource requirements
* Incorporate industry best practices, conduct internal and external benchmarking, and establish standards, key measures, and metrics
* Communicate project status and be the project advocate; take responsibility for risk and issue management
* Establish positive and collaborative relationships with customers and demonstrate a clear understanding of both internal and external customer requirements and measurement criteria
* Participate in and facilitate post project/phase reviews to cultivate a learning organization; develop and maintain project artifacts (stakeholder analysis and status reporting)
* Minimum of five years of IT project management experience
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
* Strong project management skills with experience in planning, and executing multiple medium-scale projects from definition through implementation, involving internal personnel and consultants
* Ability to manage one to three medium risk projects concurrently, including multi-phase, multi-track projects with up to thirty project team members; Project management experience that includes application development, package implementation, infrastructure and IT transformation projects
* Excellent verbal/written communication, with ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of responsibility and authority; able to prioritize, delegate and foster the development of high performance teams to lead/support an environment driven by customer service and team work with strong trouble-shooting and organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
* US Citizenship is required
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.