Born digital, Axos BankTM has reinvented the banking model, growing to nearly $10 billion in assets in just 19 years. With a broad and ever-growing range of financial products, Axos Bank is rated among the top 5 online banks in the country! Axos Financial is our holding company and publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "AX (NYSE: AX).
We bring together human insight and digital expertise to anticipate the needs of our customers. Our team members are innovative, technologically sophisticated, and motivated to achieve.
The responsibilities of the Manager, Project Management include:
* Oversee the execution of goal attainment for multiple programs and/or a portfolio of projects
* Ensure execution meets timeline, quality and cost standards and overcome obstacles to goal attainment
* Consult senior executives and business partners throughout the project lifecycle including project inception, scoping, planning, and execution status
* Negotiate, set, and clarify commitments and expectations through collaboration with partners across the enterprise
* Manage and develop a team of experienced project managers/scrum masters, both local and near-shore
* Direct and manage Axos' Agile/Scrum process in collaboration with IT and QA leadership
* Support the PMO for adherence to Enterprise standards and daily operations
* Drive continued development of the Project Management Office capabilities
Key Skill Sets or Knowledge Requirements:
* Proven team manager skills with ability to develop and mature teams to achieve their highest potential through coaching and influence
* Strong people skills who can build relationships, instill confidence and work with diverse personality types
* Independent and self-directed manager who can translate direction into action and results
* Ability to manage people and work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive, data-drive environment
* Problem solver with the ability to apply critical thinking skills and data driven evidence to identify, mitigate and resolve complex risks and issues
* Excellent communications skills with ability to express ideas at all levels of the organization
* Experienced with Waterfall six-sigma project methodology (e.g., DAIC, DMAIC)
* Experience applying Agile/Scrum methodology as a practitioner and coach
* Understanding of financial management principles
Desired Career Experience & Education Requirements:
* Demonstrable experience managing people to success, including near-shore persons
* Experience in banking and/or financial services
* 7+ years' of hands‐on technology Project Management experience
* 5+ years' of hands‐on software development Scrum Master experience
* 3+ years' of hands-on technology program management experience
* Bachelor's degree in business, finance, information systems or another relevant field of study
* Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
* PMI or PMP certification
* Lean / Six Sigma certification
* Spanish language fluency
Apply directly for consideration as we are not using any outside agencies for any of our openings
Job Functions & Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to sit for extended periods of time. Manual dexterity and coordination are required while operating standard office equipment such as computer keyboard and mouse, calculator, telephone, copiers, etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Axos Bank is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex (including pregnancy, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military and veteran status, marital status, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, physical disability, mental disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.