Sony Corporation of America, located in New York, NY, is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan. Sony's principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Mobile Communications (USA) Inc., Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Music Entertainment, and Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC. With some 900 million Sony devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth. To learn more: www.sony.com.
Sony Corporation of America (SCA) is seeking a Manager, Program Management to join Sony's Global Information Security Department located in Herndon, VA. This position will report to the Director, Program Management and be a part of the team responsible for the program management function that enables the execution of an enterprise information security strategy across Sony.
* Lead the planning and execution of assigned programs (or multiple projects) in a large, federated, multi-national company
* Ensure program (or multiple projects) are delivered on defined scope, schedule and budget by collaborating with cross functional matrix teams (Technical, Operations, Engineering, SOC, Privacy, Risk, and Procurement)
* Effectively communicate program/project objectives, status, risks and mitigation plans with senior stakeholders and executives
* Implement PMO standards and processes
* Identify and implement process improvement opportunities that are aligned with strategic information security objectives
* Minimum of 5+ years of project management experience in a Project Manager role (IT or information security projects)
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Management, or a related field, or other equivalent experience
* Demonstrated experience leading IT or information security projects in a global environment is preferred
* Knowledge of information security disciplines is preferred
* Knowledge of PMO standards and processes is preferred
* Action-oriented and an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, with strong ability to prioritize and respond to critical tasks, organize and schedule work effectively
* Strong facilitation, communication and advocacy skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to express complex and technical issues
* Strong expertise with Microsoft suite (Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Word) including project management tools
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required, up to 5%
* All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.