United States of America
HSPOM: Sensor Systems 960 Overland Court , San Dimas, CA, 91773 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The Mission Systems ISR and Space business unit's San Dimas, CA facility is seeking an experienced, energetic, and technically skilled individual who has a strong understanding of Program Management.
This position is responsible for managing a program, delivering financial ad schedule performance to the business unit. This position leads and cross-functional project team consisting of resources that do not have a direct reporting relationship.
The Program Manager is responsible for developing strong customer relationships, developing product and business strategies, ensuring program process compliance, delivering business results, and leading project completion. Communication, drive for results, team leadership, and the ability to adapt and overcome when confronted with obstacles are all critical to success in this role.
* The Program Manager plans, manages, all development, certification, production, and aftermarket efforts associated with the program.
* Works with marketing, engineering, product support, quality and operations organizations to develop winning management, technical, and cost proposals.
* Develops WBS based on the SOW and standard WBS definitions.
* Identifies program risks or opportunities and develops appropriate countermeasures.
* Develops cost estimates from cross-functional inputs.
* Leads creation of earned value baseline ad controls the program within its boundaries.
* Leads development of and maintains the program's integrated master schedule.
* Identifies and controls scope change throughout the program. • Serves as the primary management point-of-contact with the customers throughout the program.
* Prepares ad presents periodic program status reports to senior management and the customers.
* Responsible for P&L of entire projects with significant scope and complexity.
* Contributes to business by applying advanced knowledge of Project Management.
* Develops, coaches, and motivates others to perform.
Education and Certifications:
BA/BS with 8-12+ years of experience required; Science, Engineering, or Technical Degree preferred. MA/MS with 6-9+ years of experience
Experience and Qualifications:
* Project Management Certification and MS or MBA degree preferred.
* 9+ years experience leading engineering or technical project teams.
* 7+ years in Aerospace and Defense or other highly regulated industry.
* Prior experience with defense contracting, EVMS, and Microsoft Project
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
* Proven track record of leading entire development project(s) with significant scope.
* Ability to obtain US Government Security Clearance.
* Prior technical experience in the following fields is beneficial o Chemical or biological analytics systems o Spacecraft and satellite systems. o High precision manufacturing environments
* Must be able to travel up to 25 percent of the time on average.
Due to special contracts and programs U.S. Citizen required
Assist in leading group process improvements using our UTC continuous improvement system (ACE), including the continued development of standard work for program management group processes. Actively support the organization' efforts to meet or exceed EH&S goals and plans, must comply with the EH&S Policy and applicable regulatory and company EH&S rules and requirements.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check and drug screen (every external new hire in the U.S.)
"This job may be considered a sensitive position in accordance with NASA Guidelines. If so, the selected candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA's regulation subpart 1823.5 Drug-Free Workforce. "
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.