Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager, Portfolio and Project Management Office Methodology and Standards to join our Digital Nexus technology organization. This opportunity is open to internal candidates from all KPMG US locations and external candidates interested in being based in one of the cities listed within this posting.
* Work closely with the Associate Director of Project & Portfolio Management Office (PPMO) to establish and maintain a mature program and project management organization, inclusive of Demand Management, Portfolio, Project Management, and Software Development lifecycle processes and procedures
* Establish framework to support multiple delivery methodologies, including Agile/SCRUM, Waterfall, Infrastructure Solution Delivery, and Project & Program Management lifecycles
* Incorporate industry best practices, conduct internal and external benchmarking, and establish standards, key measures, and metrics
* Work with project managers to conduct competency and maturity assessments and define development activities based on assessment results
* Develop and manage a comprehensive project management training program, as well as facilitate continual learning opportunities to attain higher levels of proficiency within the project management community; Curricula will cover both on-boarding as well continuous improvement objectives to ensure adoption of Demand, Portfolio, Program, and Project Management tools, processes, and procedures
* Integrate new team members while setting goals, offer feedback, source developmental opportunities and provide long-term career guidance to counselees and others across the department
* Minimum five years of IT Program and Project Management experience, including professional-level schedule, scope, budget, risk, and issue management methodologies and industry best practices; Big 4 or consulting experience is preferred
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
* Experience with Demand, Portfolio, Program and Project Management practical knowledge, facilitation of governance and decision-making events, business case development, budgeting and forecasting, resource management, and portfolio management
* Strong understanding of PMI's Project and Program Management methodology (PMBOK); PMP certification is preferred
* Highly proficient in utilizing Microsoft Project, or other comparable scheduling tools, to develop deliverable-oriented work breakdown structures (WBS), and tracking project progress and interdependencies
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.