Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People's Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers' lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we're creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As a Data Science Manager for our Corporate Data & Analytics team, you will work on a small analytics team with a big mission. You will be drawing on your technical expertise in emerging data management technologies (Hadoop, Netezza Teradata, NoSQL, etc.) and experience building and implementing a data science strategy while providing foundational networking and securities with innovative technologies. You will define the landscape, space, and strategy for a team that is still in the build phase. The team's approaches will set the standard for the industry and help make our customers' lives better by improving their healthcare. The team leans toward innovation and rapid delivery of Advanced Analytics, Statistical Analysis, and game-changing Application Development. The work is key to Corporate Strategy decisions and leads the company with new, innovative approaches to make healthcare simpler for our customers.
What you'll do:
* Supervise, own and manage the execution and delivery of advanced predictive analytics through visualization, data modeling, forecasting, simulation and data analytics taken from complex, high-volume and high-dimensional datasets
* Develop and mentor the team of data scientists in the acquisition, manipulation, and presentation of data through data mining, machine learning, advanced algorithms, statistical modeling and/or mathematical methods
* Manage the ongoing development and implementation of the vision and strategy for data science-based decision making throughout the entire organization
* Build, lead, grow, and manage a data science team that will provide a consistent pattern of delivery of customer-centered improvements and innovation
* Define, prioritize, and manage data science opportunities and challenges for the company
* Advocate technical solutions to executive and senior level decision makers, business stakeholders, and engineering teams
* Maintain a balance between building sound, mathematically rigorous solutions, and rapid delivery
What you'll bring:
* Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Computer Science, or another quantitative field
* Ten (10) years of relevant experience which includes the following:
* Prior success as a senior level data scientist delivering solutions to challenging business problems by conducting and interpreting complex quantitative and qualitative analyses
* Expertise in machine learning (supervised learning, unsupervised learning), statistical modeling, design of experiments and forecasting
* Experience with common analysis tools - SQL, R, and Python
* Full stack experience in data collection, aggregation, analysis, visualization, productionize, and monitoring of Data Science products
* Prior leadership experience developing and implementing data science strategies
* Demonstrable familiarity with code and programming concepts
* Experience with natural language processing
* Big data modeling work: Hadoop, Hive, Spark
* Data discovery: Pandas, Impala
* Healthcare data knowledge would be a plus
* Ability to utilize a strategic mindset to serve as the analytic thought leader that will shape the data science practice throughout the entire organization
* Seasoned analytics expert who is passionate about using data and research to drive customer-centered improvements and innovation
* Strong background in the usage of data science techniques, tools, and delivering solutions
* Proven experience evangelizing advanced analytics across a large organization
* Experience delivering business value from large amounts of data, by leveraging scientific tools and quantitative techniques to drive insights and new opportunities
What we offer
* Medical, vision and dental coverage
* Life and disability insurance
* Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
* Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
* Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
* Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
* Free parking
Equal employment opportunity/affirmative action:
Premera is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
If you need an accommodation to apply online for positions at Premera, please contact Premera Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 425-918-4785.