Amazon's technology business has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into "the Cloud".
AWS Managed Services is designed to accelerate cloud adoption, it simplifies deployment, migration, and management using automation and machine learning, backed up by a dedicated team of Amazon employees. AWS Managed Services provides ongoing management of the AWS infrastructure. It automates common activities such as change requests, monitoring, patch management, security, and backup services, and provides full-lifecycle services to provision, run, and support your infrastructure.
As an increasing number of large enterprises move their critical workloads to the cloud, we are in need of high-powered operational leadership talent to help our largest customers navigate the operational challenges of cloud computing.
As a Manager Cloud Architect, you will provide exceptional leadership & management needs for our talented Cloud Architects. You will possess a wealth of experience in leading technical teams, be highly motivated, enthusiastic, have an inquisitive mind, and able to operate in an ambiguous world. You will lead, coach, and grow technically skilled Cloud Architects for enterprise customer success on AMS. You will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. You must enjoy learning and introducing new technology in order to help customers embrace and adopt new technology. Furthermore, thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers, and helping to change how technology is viewed are important aspects of the role. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our services teams, as well as representing your team to executive management. You will work hand-in-hand with senior stakeholders on opportunities to improve our operational practices. You will work across customer organizations and multiple AWS teams to ensure customers' are delivered exceptional service that continually to raises the bar.
You will constantly seek out new ideas and technologies that you can use to deliver a higher quality service. You will be the person people seek out as a resource to solve difficult problems. You must possess customer facing skills that enable you to represent AWS well within a customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding incidents, trade-offs, best practices, and risk management.
You will be surrounded by people who are wickedly smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class operations is critical to customer success. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
* Ensure customer business objectives are achieved with strong partnership and infrastructure solutions that meet customer's needs.
* Lead teams of Cloud Architects to drive customer transformation activities and manage the engagement via governance to ensure successful delivery of solutions.
* Make impactful recommendations and develop technical direction and future state architecture for clients in alignment with their business plans.
* Engage customers - collaborate with Customer Service Delivery Managers, Account Teams and Technical Delivery Managers to develop strong customer and partner relationships.
* You will engage directly with AMS and AWS service teams to be the voice of the customer and work with internal AWS resources to drive innovation, feature request, and resolution to customer impacting bugs and/or issues.
* Coach and teach - collaborate with AMS field teams, training and support teams to help partners and customers on AMS.
* Deliver value - oversee the high quality delivery of a variety of customized engagements with partners and enterprise customers.
* Team and Performance development - You will own all facets of performance and career management for the team. You will be expected to mentor all members in order to maintain a well-rounded, world class organization. This includes project management, quality audits and coordination of training sessions as well as day to day oversight of the team. You will own and be accountable for the output and performance of your team.
* Operational Excellence - You will uphold and continue to drive operational excellence across the site and globe. You will drive best practices with a focus on outcomes for our customers. You will identify and own local and global initiatives that will continue to optimize our highly customer focused operational teams.
* Recruiting and Hiring - You will take the lead in hiring quality personnel who not only fit the needs of the current organization but will allow the team to scale with our customer and service growth.
* Engage with Director and C-Level executives to understand business needs.
* Go "toe to toe" with customer technical stakeholders on most issues, and use your judgement when to pull in the heavyweight engineers as necessary.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.