Ironside is seeking a motivated, responsive and customer oriented individual to join the ranks of our fast paced Managed Services delivery team. The candidate will be expected to support the critical systems and applications of our high-profile clients.
Ironside Managed Services provides support and administrative services in technologies that are commonly used in the Data and Analytics space. (Databases, BI tools, data movement tools)
Members of this team have a knack for all things technical and love to troubleshoot and fix problems. They have an understanding of how hardware and software interact. They are expected to be highly responsive and communicate well, always pushing towards issue resolution. They work their daily tasks through our internal ticketing system and maintain the utmost hygiene with regards to updates and comprehensive notes.
For the career-minded candidate, this position offers tremendous opportunity to gain applied technology experience at an unparalleled pace in an environment where your voice is heard and your creative ideas and experience are put to practice.
* Monitor and respond to initial customer requests and incidents, providing timely follow-up communication, escalating issues to engineers as needed, troubleshooting and resolving issues within service level commitments. Common issues include but are not limited to:
* System down/system unreachable
* Performance degradation
* Error messages
* Resolve issues quickly and communicate promptly internally as well as with customers
* Escalate issues as needed, coordinating with Senior Engineers in a team setting to investigate and resolve issues
* Be task driven, deriving your daily workload by our ticketing system
* Provide detailed documentation and knowledge-transfer services to customers
* Never stop learning new technologies
* Occasional travel may be required
Desired technology experience:
* Application troubleshooting
* BI Tools (Cognos, Microstrategy, Tableau, PowerBI)
* Common RDBMS (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Teradata etc)
* Windows OS, Linux, Unix
Your Proven Track Record:
* A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Science, or related field.
* Experience in a customer-facing application administration, customer support or related technical application deployment role.
* Eagerness to react and take action quickly
* Friendly, personable, obsessed with outstanding customer service and exuding a positive attitude to customers, even in times of stress.
* Compulsive documentation habits and strong technical writing skills.
* Track record of improving and automating repeatable process.
* Experience using a ticketing system for timely triaging/resolving incidents & requests upon receipt while adhering to predetermined Service Level Agreements
* Excellent organizational, interpersonal, as well as oral & written communication skills
* Strong knowledge of all common server operating systems (Windows, Linux and various flavors of UNIX).
* Solid understanding of computer architectures and concepts such as memory management, context switching, storage architectures, hypervisors, load balancing devices, and computer networks and protocols.
The Ironside Edge:
* The opportunity to join and grow an ever expanding professional network of high profile clients and reputable colleagues.
* A passionate and approachable leadership team that encourages an entrepreneurial frame of mind and welcomes contribution to business development from all members of the team.
* A challenging, dynamic and rewarding work environment which fosters rapid professional growth in a space that is at the forefront of information technology.
* An unparalleled opportunity to gain in depth operational experience across a variety of industries and organizational departments.
* The opportunity to explore and put into practice cutting edge technology on a regular basis.
* An incentivized development program that enhances your skill set with professional training and certifications.
* Competitive merit-based compensation and bonus packages that rapidly reward passionate and driven team members.
* Small company culture, with big company benefits: 4 Weeks PTO (5 Weeks after 5 Years), PPO, Dental, Life, Vision, FSA, and 401(k).
* A work hard/play hard, familial culture that loves to get together whenever we can for great food (and drink), sporting events, etc. We are equal parts passionate about our people and our work and we like to enjoy ourselves while doing it.
At Ironside, we dive deep into clients' core business challenges, emerging with new insights into how we can leverage the power of business analytics to help move companies further and faster toward their goals.
Our expertise in business intelligence, performance management, predictive analytics, information management, big data, and more only becomes meaningful when brought into careful alignment with where a business stands today and where it means to be tomorrow.
Our goal is to use the power of business analytics to propel businesses forward and upward, until they break through to a new way of looking at their industry, the world, and their place in both. It's a lofty way of thinking. One that has helped us make new inroads in our industry, and our clients in theirs.