N Hudson-West New York Br 923 (10923), United States of America, West New York, New Jersey
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Machine Learning Software Engineer
Are you a high performing software engineer or data scientist looking to take part in some of the most cutting-edge research and production projects? Do you enjoy reading and investigating advancements in various applied machine learning architectures and solution white papers? Would you like to take part or drive the creation of publishable advancements in machine learning across various disciplines? You could be a great match for a Machine Learning Software Engineer role at Capital One.
As a Machine Learning Software Engineer, you will contribute to building fast data and machine learning solutions to create and improve some of the most interesting use cases in the financial services industry. Capital One maintains a full stack of technology solutions including streaming big data, state of the art machine learning, micro-service architecture, distributed computation engines, and intuitive visualizations in the cloud. To manage this, we are working with several cutting-edge technologies and are actively developing and contributing to the open source community. We are highly technical with strong backgrounds in our fields to support use cases ranging from cyber threat prevention to sophisticated NLP understanding in an always-on 24/7 service architecture. We have the highest executive support for acting as a catalyst of machine learning across Capital One providing our researchers with extraordinary diversity in topics.
What you will bring to the role:
* Excellent communication skills evidenced by multiple white papers (internal proprietary or externally published).
* Demonstrated ability to build full-stack systems architected for speed and distributed computing.
* Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new tools and paradigms to deploy cutting edge solutions.
* Adept at simultaneously working on multiple projects, meeting deadlines, and managing expectations.
* What you will do in the role:
* Develop both deployment architecture and scripts for automated system deployment in AWS.
* Code new machine learning paradigms, sometimes from first principles, for integration into production systems.
* Learn and work with subject matter experts to create large scale deployments using newly researched methodologies.
* Construct data staging layers and fast real-time systems to feed machine learning algorithms.
* Create white papers, attend conferences, and contribute to open source software.
* Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
* At least 2 years of experience working with Python, Scala, or Java.
* Master's Degree
* At least 2 years of experience with distributed file systems or multi-node database paradigms.
* At least 2 years of experience in designing and building full stack solutions utilizing distributed computing.
* At least 2 years of experience integrating with larger code bases.
* At least 3 years of experience working with Python, Scala, and Java.
* At least 2 years of experience with leading distributed file systems and multi-node database paradigms.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.