Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Machine Learning Researcher - the role
We're looking for research scientists who are passionate about developing next generation machine learning technologies that will have profound impact on medicine and healthcare. Our ambitious machine learning for medicine and healthcare research agenda include but are not limited to
* deep phenotyping integrating massive and multimodal health data
* interpretable machine learning for disease prediction, subtyping and progression
* pharmacovigilance, drug repurposing, and drug discovery from observational data using structured prediction, generative models, etc.
* knowledge representation, distillation from multiple aspects of health data
As a machine learning researcher at IQVIA's ACOE, you get to work on the most cutting-edge and exciting projects. You will have access to petabytes of data, state of the art hardware such as massive distributed clusters and GPUs, and professional support from domain experts.
Your typical activities might include:
* Implementing deep learning, machine learning, and data mining algorithms on distributed platform to solve real-world healthcare problems (e.g., disease prediction, risk prediction etc.)
* Designing new algorithms to find predictive patterns that combine heterogeneous data assets, including electronic medical records, healthcare claims, clinical trial data, and unstructured text data.
* Automating machine learning algorithms within the production environment.
* Working with technology teams to support machine-learning algorithms in big data platforms. Supporting customized projects by designing and implementing algorithms and statistical models on related datasets.
Our ideal candidate will have:
* A PhD in computer science or related areas with focus on machine learning, artificial intelligence, data mining, natural language processing, etc. Or a Masters' degree with several years' experience in these areas.
* An in-depth understanding of machine learning algorithms and modeling (supervised learning, semi-supervised or unsupervised learning including generative models, transfer learning, optimization, probabilistic graphical models, etc.)
* In depth experience with Spark/Hadoop and either PyTorch/Tensorflow
* Experience in Python with additional experience in Java, Scala and/or R.
* Experience creating production environment data analytics and applications.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled'
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes. Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there! We invite you to join IQVIA™
Job ID: R1066675
Apply Now Not ready to Apply?
Check Out Similar Jobs
* Scientist Jobs
* Computer Scientist Jobs
* Jobs in Boston, Massachusetts
* Scientist Jobs Boston, Massachusetts