Spotify is looking for Machine Learning Engineers to join our team. You will work on a variety of problems such as personalisation, targeting, optimisation and similar. Being a part of a team, you will come up with new and interesting hypotheses, test them, and scale them up to massive data sets, so that your algorithms and models can be used to improve critical components in the Spotify products. Above all, your work will impact the way our 200 million users experience music.
This position requires experience from applied machine learning in production systems, preferably at a large scale. So for this particular role, we will not be considering applications from recent graduates.
This is a generic advert describing the baseline of the role, but we are hiring for several teams.
What you'll do
* Build new or take already live features of our apps and make them better utilizing ML
* Contribute to designing, building, evaluating, shipping, and refining Spotify's product by hands-on ML development
* Prototype new approaches and productionize solutions at scale.
* Build systems that take in multiple user signals and suggest feature optimisations for each user.
* Take on complex data-related problems using some of the most diverse datasets available
* Perform data analysis to establish baselines and inform product decisions.
* Run experiments to understand the value of your approaches
* Collaborate with a cross-functional agile team spanning design, data science, product management and engineering.
Who you are
* You have a strong background in machine learning, data and backend.
* You have experience building data pipelines and are self-sufficient in getting the data you need to build and evaluate your models, using tools like Apache Beam / Scio.
* You have hands-on experience implementing production machine learning systems at scale in Java, Scala, Python, or similar languages.
* Experience with pyTorch, TensorFlow, or Google Cloud Platform is a plus.
* You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and disciplined experimentation
* You have experience and passion for mentoring and encouraging collaborative teams.
* You love your customers even more than your code.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens.
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://hrblog.spotify.com/2017/02/17/how-to-get-a-job-at-spotify/&source=gmail&ust=1551976636422000&usg=AFQjCNEj-OiNmGH12VapnZcOV5ePO7CwFQ" rel="noopener">Psst! If this job is your perfect match and you want some inside tips before you apply, read this blog post.