ICI Services is looking for a motivated individual who wants to join our growing Information Warfare practice in Washington, DC. We are a mid-sized defense contractor providing Systems Acquisition, Engineering, Information Warfare, and Logistics solutions to government clients in 14 states and the District of Columbia. We need a Mid-level Machine Learning/Data Science Software Engineer ready to join a fast-paced and exciting work environment.
* Applicant must be able to obtain and hold an active Department of Defense (DoD) SECRET personnel security clearance
* Lead design, development, test efforts of a system element or component within a larger system design * Provide review and comment on system and software designs provided by peers and junior team members * Create data analytics models to address complex business and technical problems * Develop custom data analysis algorithms * Design data acquisition and analysis solutions to automate business decisions and translate analytics of current data trends into predictive recommendations * Design and develop interactive dashboards, reports, and models that transform raw data into insightful information
* Demonstrated experience implementing Data Science and/or Machine Learning
* Demonstrated software development experience using C++, Java, Python, R, or similar languages in an operational business environment
* Demonstrated experience developing analytics models with at least one open source data science platform (Hadoop, Neo4j, R, MongoDB, etc.)
* Demonstrated experience designing and developing database systems using SQL, PostgreSQL, or NoSQL
* Demonstrated experience with data visualization tools and techniques (Tableau, Microsoft BI, SMSS, Qlik, etc.)
* Demonstrated experience with software version control systems (Git, Docker, Subversion, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, etc.)
* Demonstrated ability to translate plain language use case descriptions to technical specifications, system/software design elements, and test cases
* Software development experience following Agile or DevOps processes
* Demonstrated success in any of the following: * Automation of business processes
* Demonstrated experience with automation of industrial control systems monitoring and/or actuation
* Demonstrated success with development of predictive models that result in cost and/or time savings for US Government systems
* Experience with system component design and development of robotics systems (remotely piloted vehicles, drones, etc.), sensor networks, or control systems autonomy
* Relevant US Navy operational or commercial experience
* Minimum relevant professional experience: * 4 years + Bachelor Degree in related field, or
* 5 years + Associate Degree, or
* 7 years + High School Diploma
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.