This Linux/Unix Administrator will be responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining the Linux/Solaris servers on-premise and cloud as well as installing and maintaining the application software. Additionally, this role will coordinate with Network Administrators and Application Developers in support of the day-to-day operations.
* Research, select, plan, and implement new technologies to support scaling of applications to meet customer and business needs.
* Manage Linux/Unix Platform and related open source systems (apache spark, mongoDB, mysql, postgresql, etc.).
* Plan and support the implementation of major architectural changes.
* Develop tools and scripts to assist with routine maintenance tasks.
* Support all related products and triage any issues that come up.
* Performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting, and resolution of issues.
* Maintain documentation of systems and processes.
* Participate in On-Call rotation
* 3+ years of Linux or Solaris experience required.
* BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical field is preferred.
* Working knowledge of core Internet protocols and services (e.g., IP, TCP, UDP, NTP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP, SSH, syslog) required.
* Knowledge of ITIL
* Strong experience with and understanding of virtualization (VMWare).
* Experience with Active Directory and related protocols desired (e.g. Kerberos, LDAP, NTP, Samba, etc.).
* Experience with Backup software, Cloud technology, Enterprise Monitoring systems is required
* Experience with security and vulnerability remediation and handling IT Auditing tasks
* Fluency in programming/scripting skills for automation in at least one of Bash, Python, and Perl
* Previous experience with SAN/NAS infrastructure desired.
* Good communication skills
* Demonstrated confidence, maturity, and proactive nature
* Eagerness to learn and take on responsibility
* Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment