Residency Status: ALL CANDIDATES MUST BE A U.S. CITIZENS
Clearance: Active Top Secret clearance with SSBI in last five years
Time Type: Full-Time
Relocation Fees: No
Novel Applications of Vital Information Inc. (Novel Applications) is a premier technology services company that provides solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Information Management, Systems Integration. Novel Applications is a business that combines experience, creativity, flexibility, pragmatism, and cost-effective solutions in order to deliver measurable business value to our clients.
Headquartered in Springfield, Virginia, Novel Applications employs engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Novel Applications is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
NAVOI is seeking a Linux System Administrator to work with a team of System Administrators supporting end-users. Job duties include all aspects of system administration including installation, configuration, implementation, and maintenance of Linux and Solaris servers, both hardware and virtual.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Setup and maintenance of disk storage devices, SAN and NAS devices, and network equipment
* Building, configuring and troubleshooting open source and commercial applications
* System backups and restoration
* User support
* Participating in the creation of technical and user documentation
* System Administration experience using Linux w/ a focus on Redhat/CentOS, including system design, configuration, maintenance, upgrade and administration
* Strong knowledge of VMware ESXi/vSphere/vCenter
* Strong knowledge in scripting (python, shells)
* Experience managing storage, working with Netapp a plus
* Strong knowledge of design, implementation, and support of networked systems and technologies such as NFS, DNS, and LDAP
* Knowledge or experience with Container Technology such as Docker
* Experience with Solaris 10/11 a plus
* Knowledge of cloud computing (AWS, Azure, Microsoft Cloud etc)
* Experience with configuration management technologies (Puppet, Salt, Ansible, etc.)
* Well versed in securing the Linux operating systems (firewalls, patching, etc.)
* Experience in supporting end users directly.
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
* Good understanding of routers, switches and computer network configurations including firewalls and troubleshooting
* Ability to operate in a team environment consisting of both internal and external members, co-workers and customers
* Ability to document and electronically store daily task information, architecture, processes, and user instructions
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or related degree is desired.
* Must have 4 years of professional experience or 2 years with a Masters degree.
* Must have 6 years of professional experience or 4 years with a Masters degree or 2 years with Ph.D. in a related discipline.