As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to "level up" our talent. We're on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
The Level Designer will be responsible for creating levels for one or more match 3 puzzle games. The candidate will also be responsible for play testing of multiple levels created by other Level Designers on the team, and providing key feedback to improve the quality and tuning balance for those levels.
The candidate must be able to create levels using a Unity based editor, and work closely with the rest of the team to ensure level content is tied together. They will also participate in mechanic and feature brainstorming sessions, and be able to write required design specs for new features.
The candidate should be experienced in game design theory, well versed with current top performing mobile puzzle games, and be able to easily speak to mechanics and features found in those games.
* Build match 3 levels using a Unity based level editor
* Follow level guidelines set by the Level Leads (difficulty, mechanics used, etc)
* Playtest levels from self and team to ensure correct difficulty and fun
* Analyze levels and extrapolate the strategy, fun and challenges in the level
* Maintain knowledge of the mobile game industry, competitors, trends and recent hits
* Participate in brainstorms for new mechanics and features
* Write design specs for new mechanics and features
* Minimum 1 year in a Game Design / Level Design position on a mobile puzzle game
* Level Designer on at least one published mobile puzzle game
* Well versed in game mechanics used in other mobile puzzle games
* Experience building levels that are both fun and difficulty tuned
* Ability to take direction
* Strong team player with good people skills
* Experience with Unity
* Bachelor's Degree
* Passion for games a must!
* Affinity for Disney/Pixar is a plus
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is a leader in mobile entertainment, providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to broad global audiences.
Jam City was founded in 2009 by MySpace co-founder and CEO Chris DeWolfe and former 20th Century Fox executive Josh Yguado.
Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest grossing and most enduring social gaming franchises for mobile, including Cookie Jam (Facebook "Game of the Year" winner) and Panda Pop.
Jam City is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands including Harry Potter, Family Guy, and Marvel Avengers. Jam City has eight studios around the globe including Los Angeles (HQ), Burbank, San Francisco, San Diego, Toronto, Bogotá, Berlin, and Buenos Aires.
The Jam City team is known for its creative excellence and technological innovation in key areas including storytelling, data science, and audience insights.