About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, our Finance and Operations team works to provide strategic direction to the company, ensuring that everything we do is viable and built to last. Overseeing and safeguarding Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI's) short and long-term planning, Finance and Operations works closely with teams across the organization to develop strategies and business plans, monitor industry trends and provide operating recommendations. We regulate accounting, uphold workplace safety, manage our supply chain and sampling, support technology, maintain our facilities and assure the integrity and completeness of all business transactions. At Novo Nordisk, you will have the opportunity to build a life-changing career in a global business environment. We encourage our employees to make the most of their talent. And we reward hard work and dedication with the opportunity for continuous learning and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
This role analyzes user's requirements and designs new IT application solutions and/or enhancements to existing application solutions in meeting new business needs and in solving business problems. This role possesses and applies a broad range of expertise of principles, methods, practices, standards, procedures and compliance requirements of a particular business function in designing and developing complex IT solutions. In the support role of existing systems, this role provides knowledge and training on the system use and interfaces with business users in understanding and providing resolutions to the system related issues and discrepancies. Plans, organizes and directs the daily operational activities of team members in IT.
This position reports to an Associate Director/Director in Business Applications. This position interacts with all levels of Project Managers, Business Analysts, other Systems Analysts, Application Developers, Architects and System Engineers as needed. Interacts with other lines of business as needed.
* Analyzes new needs in determining the solution approach and scope
* Participates in buy or build analysis
* Analyzes user requirements and develops functional specifications for complex systems
* Designs, develops and executes test scenarios and scripts to ensure the developed system(s) meet the technical and functional specifications; assesses and develops validation requirements; conducts functional testing, performance testing and integration testing; plans and coordinates user acceptance testing; documents the results of all tests
* Leads in the development and/or maintenance of technical designs and specifications from functional specifications for systems of simple to moderate complexity
* Develops URS, FRS, TDS, DFD, Test cases, Traceability Matrix and other design documents; Reconciles design models with business requirements
* Reviews and provides input for developing effective user and system documentation
* Identifies the skills and resources needed to implement a new system or to enhance an existing system, and prepares cost estimates for development and timeline required to implement
* Delivers messages and presentations to various, cross-functional groups to gain support for strategic initiatives and ideas
* Facilitates cross-functional collaboration among necessary stakeholders when making decisions and developing plans
* Creates and advises in the creation of detailed functional specifications defining the system capabilities to be implemented along with accompanying data models and process models
* Ensures system design adheres to compliance requirements, SOX requirements, and other technology standards both local and corporate
* Provides a primary point of contact for supporting the applications and coordinating all change functions in support of one or more specific business processes or areas
* Utilizes advanced IT knowledge to uncover unmet needs of stakeholders within Novo Nordisk, and communicates them to the technical staff and ensures all needs are met
* Facilitates the technical communication and coordination among the project team, other technical staff and external vendors
* Possesses and provides subject matter expertise for the various system solutions and the supported business processes
* Ensures that vendors are compliant with contract expectations, and negotiates contracts to meet current and future work requirements
* Evaluates vendor performance and effectiveness (i.e., against Key performance indicators (KPIs) and Service level agreements (SLAs)) and makes recommendations for selecting vendors for future opportunities
* Helps others to build capabilities by proactively providing constructive feedback & coaching
* Strategically seeks out, builds and maintains trusting and collaborative relationships with peers to meet business needs and demands
0-10% overnight travel required.
* A BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field required.
* Advanced degree preferred
* A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in Computer Science, IT, programming/systems analysis or other related experience required
* Ability to provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex problems
* Leadership capabilities with the ability to act as a project lead in the development and implementation of process
* Experience managing, integrating, and loading large volumes of data
* Knowledge of CFR Title 21 Part 11 requirements, Food & Drug Administration (FDA) regulated environments, industry practices on computer validation, and Sarbox regulatory requirements of computerized systems
* Knowledge of database architectures, query languages and interfaces, standard programming environments, data integration tools, application integration solutions, AWS and web based information solutions
* Knowledge of operating systems, database architectures, query languages and interface, standard programming environments, data integration tools, application integration solutions, and web based information solutions
* Proficient with technologies used for BI/Analytics work: QlikSense, Tableau, Informatica
* Focus of work will be in pharma Marketing systems: Adobe Campaign Management environment (reporting data layer post-extracts from Adobe/RDS), SFDC Service Cloud (Call Center operational reporting), Veeva Vault/CRM (interactive visual aid field activity, promotional materials process operational reporting; digital asset management use)
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.