At Stessa, we are on a mission to democratize real estate as an asset class and streamline the whole real estate ownership lifecycle. Our SaaS platform enables income property owners to track, manage, and communicate the performance of their assets. We are a small and passionate team of entrepreneurs and seasoned technology executives, and we have the backing of some of the biggest names in real estate. We are proud to have built a product that our early customers love, and we're looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our growing team in the San Francisco office. As a founding member of our Data & Infrastructure Engineering Team, you will help build the vision and define the architecture for both Software Infrastructure and Data Services.Software Infrastructure
* Improve the performance and reliability of our core services including databases, CI/CD pipeline, log management, web services, and other integrations
* Manage and operationalize deployments across multiple systems and services
* Oversee AWS environments, including resource provisioning and management, access delegation, and costs control
* Collaborate with other teams on security, automation, and internal toolsBuild systems to monitor system performance and reliability at scale
* Own and operate our entire data stack using modern technologies
* Collaborate with engineers, product managers, analysts, and data scientists to develop, test and deploy new data driven solutions
* Write new internal and external facing data API's, as well as consume external data services
* Help us build a robust and scalable foundation for data, from logging to data pipelines & ETL
* Deploy and operate machine learning models and predictive data engines
As an Engineering Leader at Stessa
* Implement standards and practices to improve and maintain code quality.
* Identify gaps in and lead adoption of best-in-class processes, tools, and technology.
* Coach and collaborate inside and outside the team; work closely with others, teaching and learning.
* Share your passion for software engineering and deliver great software.
* 6+ years experience with building and maintaining SaaS products at scale
* Expertise in design, implementation and deployment of scalable API services
* Proficiency with modern programming languages (Ruby, Python, Java, Scala, Go, etc) and SQL
* Industry experience with data engineering technologies (Airflow, Spark, Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, S3, Luigi, etc.)
* Infrastructure Orchestration experience (Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, etc.) on AWS
* A collaborative attitude and a helpful personality
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process - including the online application and/or overall selection process - you may email us at email@example.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.