McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Lead Software Engineer - Java/AWS
As a Capital One Tech Lead, Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web apps and backed services to mobile applications using cutting-edge tools and frameworks. Join Capital One in an engineering role and shape the next phase of innovation for fintech.
Are you a hands-on problem solver who seeks to understand a domain and solve its complex engineering or data challenges. Do you want to be empowered to influence the technology choices to get the job done. Are you the disruptor that pushes the envelope through innovation and new ideas, questioning the why and considering the what if.
This position will support the development of our Referrals Platform, "Refer My Friend", for the Capital One credit card applications. This platform is managed and owned by the agile team and this individual would be the Tech Lead managing. This uses a serverless platform, mobile based and web based referring to potential customers via referral links.
* Write, design, code, test, implement, debug, and validate applications; document design decisions and develop modular software components; monitor system performance metrics, and identify potential risks/issues.
* Collaborate in agile scrum team with product owners and fellow software engineers to deliver upon most important business and technical priorities.
* Provide active mentorship/guidance to fellow members of the agile tech team and participate in internal and external technology conference & communities.
* Coordinate and scale the evolving cloud based solutions with product development teams both internal and external to Capital One.
What would you expect to work on here: Object Oriented Languages (Java and Go), Cloud Based Technologies (AWS, DevOps and Serverless), Front End Framework, Cutting Edge Data Tools (Python, Spark) and Machine learning models.
* Bachelor's degree or Military experience
* At least 7 years of experience in Software Development
* At least 3 years of experience with Cloud technologies
* 6+ years of experience in Java, .NET or Python development
* 3+ years of experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Google Cloud or Azure)
* Experience managing the architecture and technical vision of a platform
* Experience leading a team of engineers
* 2+ years of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) experience
* 2+ years working in an Agile environment
* 1+ years of Docker container experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.