MPR Associates, a specialty engineering and consulting firm with more than 50 years of experience, is seeking a qualified lead software engineer to join our dynamic and growing team on a full-time basis in our Chelmsford, MA office. If you are seeking a unique, challenging, and rewarding career opportunity, MPR may be right for you.
General Job Description
The lead software engineer will be required to define project requirements, prepare project plans and schedules, develop software system architecture and designs, implement software code, plan and verify systems through analysis and testing, and communicate results internally and externally. The ideal candidate will be familiar with various hardware platforms and computing environments including microcontrollers, embedded systems, and embedded Linux. In addition to leading project work, the individual will be responsible for managing and mentoring other junior engineers. This position is located in the product development group which is responsible for turn-key development of medical devices, diagnostics systems, and laboratory instruments.
* BSEE (preferred) or BSCE with 5+ years' experience in software engineering
Technical Skills and Experience
* Experience in at least several of the following areas:
* Embedded systems programming - C/C++, Embedded Linux
* Graphical user interface development using Qt or Visual Studio
* Embedded tools - ICE, JTAG, Eclipse IDE, GNU Compilers
* Knowledge of communication protocols - SPI, I2C, Serial, USB, Ethernet
* Knowledge of ARM, Microchip (Pic and AVR)
* Wireless technologies (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi)
* Experience with automated testing and tools
* Experience with drivers for Embedded Linux
* Experience with mobile for iOS or Android
* Experience with software documentation
* Experience successfully developing software systems, preferably in the medical device industry
* Working knowledge of industry software engineering standards such as IEC 62304
* Ability to architect systems, interface with hardware engineers, develop software documentation, and contribute to best practices in software development
Skills - Personal
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with clients and senior management
* Ability to multi-task across teams of engineers and managers on various projects
* Motivated to tackle new problems and take on new responsibilities
* Good time management and organization skills
* Persistent, questioning attitude and ability to accept that in others
As required by project assignments. Estimated to be 10%-20%.
MPR is a specialty engineering and consulting firm that develops innovative design solutions to big problems in society's critical industries. From power generation reliability and sustainability, to cost effective National defense system and life-saving medical devices, MPR's impact outpaces our size. MPR works with hundreds of diverse clients across these industries.
The MPR Product Development business provides high impact solutions in the medical device industry. MPR works with a broad range of medical device companies where employees experience and benefit from working with each organization and enjoy the variety of a changing array of clients and projects. Working with large multi-national medical device organizations provides opportunities across a vast product portfolio while working with small start-up companies provides exciting opportunities to develop ground-breaking innovation that changes healthcare.
MPR-designed medical devices are in action daily saving lives, improving patient outcomes and reducing the cost of healthcare. The products range from large capital equipment used in operating rooms to small implantable devices and an increasing number of data-connected home-care devices.
MPR's highly motivated, talented, and innovative employees value interesting and challenging technical work as well as a desire for continuous learning. As MPR continues to grow, we seek individuals with an interest in expanding their technical, leadership, and business capabilities.
MPR Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, who participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other classification as required by applicable law.