As a Lead Software Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to showcase your technical expertise in making an historic transformation in healthcare technology by changing the way our businesses and consumers engage. You will be challenged with delivering high quality software products to impact the health care industry for the better. Here, you'll work at a pace you didn't know you had in you, your performance will be rewarded and, at the end of the day, you'll know you're doing your life's best work.
At Optum, you can bring your passion for innovation to an Agile environment where some of the smartest people you'll ever work with are designing and implementing software solutions to help make the health care system work better for everyone.
* Lead software development efforts for Comet and EAS.
* Architect and lead platform modernization for Comet and EAS including Claims re-work and adjustments.
* Expand Machine Learning and Kafka adoption in the Comet and EAS application space.
* Lead delivery sessions
* Understanding of incremental delivery and the value of metrics
* Excellent English communication skills in written and spoken form
* Solid interpersonal skills, passion around facilitation, empowerment, and servant leadership
* Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
* 3 years of working experience on JEE, Oracle PL SQL, C , MapReduce using MicroServices, SOA and Data Lake architectures
* 3 years of working experience on BPM technologies - Oracle BPM, Pega, jBPM
* 3 years of working experience on streaming technologies - Kafka, Storm, Spark Stream
* 3 years of working experience on containerization - Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift
* Hands on work experience with the following tech stack which is relevant to support the current applications and also help with the modernization and transformation initiatives
* Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent experience
* Healthcare industry experience
* Experience in the building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Lead Software Engineer, Technology, Optum Basking Ridge, NJ, New Jersey