Lead, Program Manager
Job Code: SIS20191806-31730
Job Location: Herndon, VA or Beavercreek, OH
Overall responsibilities include working with the customer and leading the internal and subcontractor teams in capturing and executing space programs and/or studies with emphasis on technology development and mission solutions, including:
* Manage the cost, schedule and technical performance requirements of a program through all phases, inception to completion. Develop and manage programmatic and financial forecasts. Prepare proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budget and financial terms/conditions of contract.
* Responsible for high-level relationship management, evolve as recognized thought leader/trusted partner.
* Fully understand customer mission gaps, constraints and objectives. Map Harris capabilities to customer needs.
* Effectively communicate the Harris value proposition from a technical and programmatic perspective.
* Drive long-term business strategy.
* Ensure all resources such as engineering, production and facilities are available to support the program. Engage and lead engineering team to develop white papers to identify new studies.
* Direct the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
* Develop next generation talent through on-the-job mentoring.
* Bachelor Degree with 9 years of experience. Master's degree with 7+ years of experience; or equivalent.
* 5 years experience in software development and software development project/program management
Preferred Additional Skills:
* Active TS/SCI security clearance desired.
* Strong technical skills in relation to space payloads.
* Solid technical background with strong business acumen is preferred.
* Experience planning, organizing, and directing is highly desired.
* Objective thinker, problem solver with ability to execute challenging tasks to completion is preferred.
* Able to provide/reinforce the credibility and commitment of Harris at appropriate levels in customer community is a plus.
* Ability to organize and coordinate customer visits, participation in appropriate symposiums and trade shows is desired.
* Ability to make effective decisions regarding the profitability and achievability of pursuits is a plus.
* Ability to work with other Program Managers, Business Development Managers, Product Lines, and Engineering functions is highly desired.
* Ability to communicate in a thorough, clear, and timely manner which supports information sharing and goal achievement is preferred.
* Can develop broad, cooperative relationships with numerous groups and individuals, even when having no direct authority over them.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI Clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
Apply SAVE FOR LATER