We are looking for a Lead Software Engineering to join our Network Integration team within our Platform Services Engineering organization. In Network Integration, we enable providers to deliver safe care to patients when transitioning between health systems. But enough about us; let's talk about you.
You are a developer with experience building full stack web applications, preferably in public and private cloud environments. You are an excellent communicator that is capable of quickly picking up the complicated healthcare space.
As an engineer on Network Integration team, you will have the opportunity to work on product components and workflows that enable the business processes, technical processes, and user workflows required to enable seamless access to patient data at critical moments in the client life cycle.
You are a tenacious, but nimble learner, who demonstrates design & engineering excellence.
The Team: Your future team enables the safe, correct bulk movement of millions of patients' health data. You will build enterprise quality web applications, with a focus on stability at scale.Job Responsibilities
* Learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment while producing quality code
* Understand and follow coding conventions, architectural approaches, and best practices; hold other members of your team accountable for doing so
* Produce and evaluate technical design specifications at the appropriate level of detail
* Adhere to the team's Definition of Done; perform peer code reviews in order to ensure quality standards
* Write, debug, and deploy code to production; deliver timely fixes
* Scale systems to meet business demand and availability targets
* Develop knowledge to act as a domain expert; work collaboratively across engineering, product, UX, and stakeholder organizations to ensure alignment towards business goals
* Participate on your scrum team following team practices; participate and contribute to Agile ceremonies including daily stand-up, sprint planning, readouts, and retrospectives
* Drive self-organization; help determine how the team functions in collaboration with your peers
* 6-8 years of software engineering experience
* Experience in an Agile environment preferred
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent
* Significant software engineering skills and computer science experience
* Proficient in at least one modern programming language (e.g. C#, C++, Perl, Java, Python)
* Knowledge of Unix/Linux, SQL, relational database technologies
* Our Mission: To unleash our collective potential to transform healthcare.
* Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym, and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee café, and food trucks that rotate every day.
* Our Culture: If you're curious, passionate and want to connect with work that matters, you've come to the right place. At athenahealth, our employees (or "athenistas") are committed to making healthcare smarter. At the heart of athenahealth's culture is unconditional positive regard for one another, our customers, their patients, and our community. We take time to celebrate diversity and our accomplishments, and strive to be powerfully relevant, and refreshingly candid in everything we do.
* Our Perks: Along with health and financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support (we were named one of the 2018 Best Workplaces for Commuters!), collaborative workspaces, and dog-friendly offices, to name just a few.