What you'll do:
* Lead the effort to turn design comps into optimized, standards compliant websites.
* Break large, complex features into tasks and estimate the level of effort.
* Create cross browser/platform compatible sites in a team environment with User Experience professionals.
* Implement and advocate for the use of standards based and semantic HTML and CSS to solve design problems.
* Assess existing sites/systems for code quality and interactive appeal.
* Evangelize for best practices for front-end development.
* Perform code reviews and mentor more junior front-end developers.
What you bring to the table:
* 5+ years in web development and working with web technologies
* Solid portfolio showing experience building and theming medium and large scale Drupal or WordPress sites
* Experience with Photoshop or Sketch, and Gulp, Grunt and Webpack required
* Working knowledge of PHP and MySQL
* Understanding of web standards and accessibility guidelines
* Ability to multitask and meet deadlines on a tight schedule
* Experience collaborating with others and working in small teams.
* Not required but a plus: SASS/Compass, Git, Docker, Drush, ES6, React, Vue and TypeScript
* Staff management experience preferred
* Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
Why you'll love it here:
* All employees are owners
* 401(k) match
* 25 days paid time off to start
* Flexible work hours
* Killer benefits & professional development
* Snacks, healthy ones and not so healthy ones
About Forum One:
Forum One is a full service digital agency that works with mission-driven organizations to create the stunning designs, smart messaging, and custom built technology tools they need to realize their goals and extend their influence in the areas they care about most.
We are headquartered in Alexandria, VA, with additional offices in Washington, DC and Seattle, WA. We work influential organizations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Peace Corps, and the American Red Cross.