Role Summary:As the Lead Data Manager, you are responsible for executing and formulating management techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data. You will work in teams to devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data management and analysis with attention to all technical aspects. You will also work with a Senior Data Manager to create and enforce policies for effective data management within GE Aviation and externally with Military customers.
* Work with a multi-disciplinary team of Engineering, Project, Government Contracts and Legal to ensure all technical data transfers are compliant and delivered on time
* Create processes on how to effectively share information within the organization, as well as with the U.S. Government
* Develop tools that enable tracking of contract deliverables, due dates and owners that enable a first time yield on our customer commitments
* Establish traceability and version control on all required data including all technical information transfers (both incoming and outgoing) that need to be managed, communicated and documented
* Formulate and implement plans to achieve requirements, schedules and contract requirements with familiarity of DoD directives and understanding of Government markings and distribution statements
* Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to accomplish overall goals and commitments
* Monitor and communicate project status, issues and significant developments
* Anticipate and respond to problems
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant field from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in a technical role
* Demonstrated skill in Microsoft Office tools and Adobe Acrobat Pro
* Strong understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution, etc.)
* An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.Additional Locations:United States;Massachusetts;Lynn;
About General Electric
General Electric is a high-tech industrial company engaged in energy, healthcare, and transportation.