1 Broadway (21026), United States of America, Cambridge, Massachusetts
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Lead Data Engineer (Senior Manager)
As a Capital One Senior Manager of Data Engineering (Spark Streaming), you will be part of an Agile platform team where you will participate in detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Working within an Agile environment, you will provide input into architectural design decisions, develop code to meet story acceptance criteria, and ensure that the applications we build are always available to our customers.
You will have the opportunity to develop your technical knowledge and skills to keep your mind and our business on the cutting edge of technology while working alongside Directors, VP's and various stakeholders.
At Capital One, we have seas of big data and rivers of fast data. To tame it all we're developing with big data technologies such as Spark, EMR, Kafka, etc. - and we're on the look-out for anything else that will help us.
What we have:
Convenient office location
Generous salary and merit-based pay incentives
A startup mindset with the wallet of a top 10 bank
Your choice of equipment (MacBook/PC, iPhone/Android Device)
Work Closely With Director, Strategy And Business Operations to
* Develop and implement communications programs with a strong digital emphasis, that
* effectively promote the organization and its products and services
* Develop Operational guidelines
* Develop appropriate content governance to ensure accurate reflection of of the organization
* Prepare presentations for partners, associates and a variety of stakeholders
* Design material and produce copy for multiple distribution channels
* Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
* At least 5 year's progressive leadership experience within the data and software environment
* At least 3 year' experience with loading and managing data using technologies such as Spark, EMR, or Kafka
* At least 2 years' experience building applications on AWS
* At least 2 years' experience building data pipelines and ETL solutions working with large scale data warehouses
* Master's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Management
* At least 3 years' experience working with Java, Python or Scala
* Experience with recognized industry patterns, methodologies, and techniques
* Familiarity with Agile engineering practices
* 2+ years of experience with data streaming processes (Spark Streaming, Flink, Storm or RabbitMQ)
* 2+ years of experience with Data Warehouse technologies (Teradata, Redshift, Snowflake)
At this time, Capital One will consider sponsoring a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.