Manages and responsible for successful delivery of large scale data structures and Pipelines and efficient Extract/Load/Transform (ETL) workflows. Acts as the data engineering team lead for large and complex projects involving multiple resources and tasks, providing individual mentoring in support of company objectives.
* Designs and develops complex and large scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data to generate insights and addresses reporting needs.
* Writes complex ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, designs database systems and develops tools for real-time and offline analytic processing.
* Develop frameworks, standards & reference material for architecture and associated products.
* Designs data marts and data models to support Data Science and other internal customers.
* Behaves as mentor to junior team members to provide technical advice.
* Applies knowledge of Aetna systems and products to consult and advise on additional efforts across multiple domains spanning broader enterprise.
* Collaborates with data science team to transform data and integrate algorithms and models into highly available, production systems.
* Uses in-depth knowledge on Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries to build scalable, modular, and efficient data pipelines.
* Uses advanced programming skills in Python, Java or any of the major languages to build robust data pipelines and dynamic systems.
* Integrates data from a variety of sources, assuring that they adhere to data quality and accessibility standards.
* Experiments with available tools and advises on new tools in order to determine optimal solution given the requirements dictated by the model/use case.
* 7 or more years of progressively complex related experience.
* Has in-depth knowledge of large scale search applications and building high volume data pipelines.
* Experience building and implementing data transformation and processing solutions.
* Advanced knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries against data in the HDFS environment.
* Advanced knowledge in Java, Python, Hive, Cassandra, Pig, MySQL or NoSQL or similar.
* Experience with bash shell scripts, UNIX utilities & UNIX Commands.
* Ability to understand and build complex systems and solve challenging analytical problems.
* Ability to leverage multiple tools and programming languages to analyze and manipulate large data sets from disparate data sources.
* Proven ability to create innovative solutions to highly complex technical problems.
* Ability to communicate technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form.
* Masters Preferred.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.