Who We Are:
POSSIBLE Mobile builds native apps for mobile devices in iOS, Android and connected devices including Apple TV, Chromecast and Android TV.
We are trusted by and have long lasting relationships with our clients including renowned brands like JetBlue, PGA Tour, Hasbro and Major League Soccer.
More than development, our team partners with our customers providing strategy, consulting, and business analytics from start to ship to ensure each app performs well and meets user needs.
Founded in 2008 as one of the first mobile consulting shops, we pride ourselves on continually being cutting-edge and place a high priority on staying in the forefront of technology.
We are the mobile strategy, user experience, design, and development capabilities division of POSSIBLE, a creative agency, part of the WPP portfolio.
By nature, we are visionaries, innovators and pioneers in the mobile space. If that describes you too, then by all means, get in touch-we'd love to work with you.
Who are we looking for:
We are looking for a Lead Android Developer to join our Denver team! As an Android Developer with POSSIBLE Mobile, you are responsible for developing mobile applications for large brands and even larger audiences. Our applications grace the featured sections of the Play Store and are being built with the latest systems and tools available to developers.
The POSSIBLE Mobile Android Developer is responsible for the development of the applications for our clients. You will be tasked with all or parts of projects based on size and scope. Our environment is fast past, with agile sprints, peer reviews, and we have in-house design and QA also supporting the projects. Our engineers write code in Android Studio store their code in GIT, build their code with Gradle with some Jenkins help, push apps to our clients with a tool we built called VEND to review our work, and then ship to the Play Store for our clients users. You will get to work with developers that have been in Android since the beginning, Designers that specialize in Mobile, and with clients that look to you to be the mobile specialist for their organization.
For some examples of our work, please visit www.possiblemobile.com.
What you'll do:
* Write code that is consistent and clean both in formatting style and design with current Android coding practices.
* Follow POSSIBLE Mobile Style and Coding Guidelines.
* Work with a team of developers, designers, QA, and project management to produce high quality projects for large brands that you know and use.
* Mentor associate developers.
* Review code for your peers.
* Collaborate and meet with the team to review status, identify potential blockers.
What you'll need:
* 3+ years of experience as a software engineer with the majority of your experience in Java and the Android SDK.
* Self-motivated and detail-oriented work ethic with a willingness to challenge assumptions and shift gears.
* Must be able to understand the Activity lifecycle and know what the various states require a developer to do.
* Able to explain what an Activity is and how it is different from a fragment.
* Able to evaluate performance issues with a complete understand of the view layout system.
* Able to give a detailed explanation of how to build a list of views and how to provide data in a memory efficient way.
* Able to define a Bundle and how to properly use it to store and restore a view's state.
* Know how the system is capable of supporting multiple devices sizes and requirements to develop to them.
POSSIBLE believes that a promise is the foundation of every good relationship - and the truth is, brands make promises every day. We are visionaries and innovators working in creative, technology, strategy, and data science to create experiences that keep brand promises so that every interaction is an opportunity to build trust and loyalty. We use data to help us identify opportunities, technology to help us take advantage of them and emotion to make the resulting experiences magical.
We've built our agency with our own promise: to foster a culture of inclusiveness and collaboration that appeals to those who want to do great work and make a difference. POSSIBLE creates experiences for some of the world's most dynamic brands, including Microsoft, AT&T, Nestle, Adidas, and Turner. POSSIBLE is part of WPP and proud to be a Wunderman Thompson company.
Follow POSSIBLE on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/possible-com/