At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Software programmer/modeler who manages activities relating to planning, designing, building, and maintaining high quality software and hardware solutions, products and processes at Exelon's training simulators. Functions independently and advises Exelon's Training Department on simulator technology.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
* Create/modify and document simulation software logic and dynamic models to meet the defined service level agreements for simulator software maintenance, minor plant modifications, and enhancements with minimal support from peers or vendors.
* For Site Main Control Room Simulator Projects: plan, design, build or manage high quality IT software solutions in accordance with IT project management standards.
* Software configuration management
* Maintain engagement with the Site Training Department to provide support for emergent problems, Simulator Review Board support, Emergency Preparedness drill preparation, Training load releases, Instructor drill development, and IT security / exam security.
* Lead planning activities for assigned site.
* Provide second tier service to another simulator as required to backup that simulators Site Lead with little or no assistance.
* Participates in projects for other sites in the fleet as required.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or related discipline and at least 3 years relevant experience.
* Experience in coding Logic and Dynamic systems.
* Knowledge of business practices and processes in Nuclear Power Plant Operations.
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Solid communications skills (written and verbal)
* Utilizes understanding of customers business needs to determine requirements
* Applies technical expertise to plan, design, build or support required products and processes
* Proficient in FORTRAN and C programming languages
* Ability to work with remote project teams
* Expected to work efficiently with minimal supervision
* Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
* Consulting/client engagement background.
* Knowledge of graphic design software
* Experience with nuclear power plant simulator Model Builder software such as (Xtreme, Jade, TopMerit, Thunder)
* Experience with print reading
* Experience leading small IT projects or sub-teams and knowledge of IT project management.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster