The IT Shared Services Department is seeking to hire a LAN Technician II to join their team. This position performs routine (journey-level) network work. Work involves the implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of local area networks. Works under moderate supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Limited supervision and guidance of student employees.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Work with various platforms Laptops, tablets, phones, scanners and OS types such as Microsoft, Linux, Apple etc. to support network connectivity over common network media, connector types and topologies.
* Hands on operation and ongoing maintenance of network hardware and support of Layer 2 VLANs and VLAN trunking.
* Basic understanding of IP addressing, TCP/IP and IPv4 protocols including DNS, DHCP, ICMP, SNMP and testing tools such as Ping, Trace route, Nslookup.
* Manage inventory of network hardware including but not limited to configuration backups, and maintenance.
* Monitors HEAT and distributes tickets to the appropriate groups or members within Datacommunications.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.