THIS OPENING WILL BE FILLED AS A LEVEL I OR II SUPPORT SERVICES SPECIALIST DEPENDING ON THE CANDIDATES QUALIFICATIONS.
Provides first level contact for technical issues for all city technologies (networking, servers, endpoints and business applications). Collects problem information, troubleshoots and resolves or escalates to senior team members for resolution. Meets or exceeds customer expectations on response quality, timeliness of response and overall customer experience.
* Provide first level contact for support services to employees with technical problems and information technology issues involving desktop, laptop or network services.
* Provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and business applications
* Install, configure and troubleshoot desktop systems, workstations, network issues in a heterogeneous environment
* Troubleshoot and resolve standard PC, application and network connectivity issues
* Install software and configure customer systems to meet business requirements
* Basic user administration and troubleshooting of various business applications
* Assists in the development, testing, storage, retrieval and installation of desktop computer images
* Set up new user network accounts and perform maintenance on existing accounts
* Maintain, implement, and troubleshoot executive staff issues locally and remotely providing consistent customer care to executive staff members
* Perform trouble ticket entry and updates; institutes escalation processes to the next level of support based on protocol
* Identify and escalate issues related to viruses or malware and assists the Cyber Security Incident Response Plan Team
* Respond to and track issues by ensuring the customer is promptly notified while ensuring resolution and/or proper handoff to team members
* Communicate clearly and precisely with customers in written and verbal form, and maintain accurate and timely records in case tracking system.
* Work with members of Technology Service teams to resolve issues -escalating issues as necessary
* Meet individual case management and SLA goals
* Deliver against customer experience and efficiency targets.
* Maintain technical skills for computer and software technologies.
* Performs other duties as assigned
* An associates degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field from an accredited college and one year experience or equivalent technical support experience.
* High School diploma or GED and 2 years of experience involving customer facing technology services related support services.
* Any combination of related education, experience, certifications and licenses that will result in a candidate successfully performing the essential functions of the job
* Windows, Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Microsoft Exchange
* Basic understanding of LAN/WAN concepts
* Active Directory and group policy administration
* Remote desktop support
* Excellent customer service skills and the ability to effectively work with people in all levels of the organization
* Ability to consistently demonstrate tact, courtesy, reliability and maturity while carrying out assigned duties
* Ability to handle multiple projects and requests for assistance in an organized manner with little or no direct supervision
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance
Conditions of Employment
* Must have a valid Class "C" Driver's License and valid state required minimum automobile liability insurance prior to employment (must obtain Texas Class "C" driver's license and state required minimum automobile liability insurance within 30 days of hire per state law)
* Must pass a drug test, driver's license check, criminal history background check, and social security number verification check
* Must be able to work a rotating on-call schedule
* Must be able to work outside of regular business hours as required
* Must be able to work overtime as needed
* Must meet the Civilian Hiring Standards of the Denton Police Department
* MS Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
* VPN technologies (Cisco AnyConnect, RSA)
* Basic Network protocol understanding (TCP/IP, LDAP, Domain, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
* Basic understanding of Networking and configurations (Switching, routing, firewalls)
* Web technologies (XML, HTML, CSS)
* Cisco VoIP phone system user administration
* MCSE and A+ certifications