Job Summary (General Responsibilities):
This Quality Assurance Engineering role is responsible for supporting the testing of products, systems, and applications across all phases of the Product Development Life Cycle (PDLC). This role specifically supports testing of firmware and software on wireless IoT products.
In the early phases of PDLC, this role dwells into the technical aspects of hardware and firmware well before the integration begins and evaluates firmware readiness to ensure a smooth software/app integration. This role is responsible for the development of an acceptance test criteria for proprietary as well as third-party hardware and/or firmware before it gets entwined with our own internal PDLC for further development. This role also helps reproduce any concerns reported in the field - during alpha/beta programs, and all the way through commercial releases. Through continual examining of product requirement documents (PRDs) and UI specifications and with a thorough understanding of constantly improving the product architecture, this role is responsible for early identification of Hardware, Firmware and/or design challenges that may block specified UI functionality. The ideal candidate will possess the inherent creativity, resourcefulness, and ambition to innovate effective solutions to help automate testing of IoT devices and its associated experiences, preparing training documentation.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Work as a Quality Assurance Engineer for testing firmware and software on IoT products, focusing on but not limited to Wi-Fi, ZigBee technologies.
* Prepare, write and execute test cases based on the product requirements. Continue to modify and optimize testing procedures throughout the project cycle.
* Collaborate with Automation team to help deliver automation workflows and content.
* Configure necessary topologies and setup different types of test environment as needed for test execution.
* Report and follow up on defects logged in all system components.
* Review reports from customers and feedback into the test plan where necessary
* Work with third party vendors or customers for debugging and tracking issues.
* Candidates must have proven communication and executional skills. Leadership skills is a plus.
* Fulfill responsibilities under OHSAS 18001, understand and fully support OHSAS 18001 system.
* Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
* Understand and follow company rules and regulations.
* Perform all other duties as assigned and required.
* Some travel may be required.
Education and Experience Requirements
* B.S. degree or equivalent in a technical field (e.g. EE, CS, CIS, ME, etc.)
* 0-2 years of experience in a relevant QA or Test role.
* Solid knowledge on Wi-Fi, ZigBee and other home networking technologies. Experience with a set of the following protocols: UPnP, DHCP, HTTP, SOAP, TCP/IP, Bonjour.
* Experience in testing iOS/Android Apps and debugging and exposure to iOS/Android tools like ADB, Android SDK, Xcode instruments.
* Familiarity in executing automation tests.
* Experience in hands-on scripting and knowledge of automation using Python and/or other commercial or open source tools and programming languages is a plus.
* Experience with ApTest, Jira, UNIX scripting, Android/iOS App testing, Embedded Systems, Raspberry Pi, and networking technologies is a plus.
* Highly motivated team-player that forms strong relationships with colleagues and has good interpersonal skills. Experience and willingness to working with remote teams.
* Basic knowledge of SQL queries is a plus.
* Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Strong experience with troubleshooting network issues, including, analysis of encrypted network packet captures (using tools like Wireshark, AirPcap, OmniPeek). ZigBee PCAP and analysis experience is a plus.
* Experience with IoT product testing or development is a big plus.
What you're getting into
We've got big collaborative spaces for your big ideas, so bring an open mind and leave your suit in the closet. We all are committed to creating unique and rewarding consumer experiences. Everyone is interested in succeeding - for the team, for themselves and for the business. Cross-functionally and across the company, everyone has common goals and aspires to be their best.
You will learn something new or at least look at things differently every day. There are so many smart and creative people around that you'll be motivated to pursue the ideal.
Team spirit is infectious. Belkin is an extremely open workplace, where communication is essential. Not every idea will be accepted, but you'll be asked for your point of view. Innovation thrives on multiple and varied levels. At Belkin we challenge conventional wisdom and refuse to accept that something cannot be done.
We are committed to diversity. Belkin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
All candidates applying for a job in the EMEA region, please review the Applicant Privacy notice HERE